The Rainbow Emblem: An Epic Fanfic

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
So I decided to write a fanfic, and I will post it after approval of some stuff in it (it's nothing bad, no gore). SO yeah.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
PROLOGUE

He was trekking through a pitch-black cavern, a small frog in front of him leading the way. He had not the remotest idea where or what he was following him to.

They came to a small chamber, the rocky walls intricately aligned with engraved symbols. He noticed a majestic golden amulet coin in the center, on a stand, and as soon as the frog in front plucked it off with care, the whole place rumbled. A tremor! The ceiling started to crumble, cracks inching across the ceiling, crumbling noises echoing intimidatingly in the darkness.

All of a sudden, various boulders began cascading down with force. He knew he had to escape. He grasped the little frog firmly by the arm and sprinted out of the cave as fast as his flippers could go. The scene altered, and he witnessed a plane crash, then a frosty mountain summit came into view. Then...

"AIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!" Baby Kermit shrieked.

His mother came running into the young amphibian's room.

"Kermit, dear, what happened? A nightmare?" his mother frantically asked. "Are you okay?"

Kermit nodded slowly, shaken by the realism of the visions.

"If you want, Kermie, Mommy'll go grab you a juice box," she offered.

"No thank you, Mom," he mumbled, disoriented.

He crawled slowly back under his blue knit blankets decorated with pictures of lilypads and soon fell asleep.

However, he never would've guessed that this nightmare would return in the future...

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
By the way people, here are a two notes.

-There will be some battle-type story elements and death, but absolutely no gore.

-Please leave comments or suggestions, I'm open to constructive criticism.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Now that was an exciting start which leaves me excited for more. But one teesny weensy thing... don't you mean PROlogue? :wink:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Ooh... scary begginning.
I can't wait to hear what his story ends up to be....

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
CHAPTER 1

HONK!!!!!
BOOM!!!!!
Kermit stirred from sleep. It was years after the dream and was right after they regained the Muppet name and theater from villainous oil baron Tex Richman. He groggily sat up and heard cackling laughter down the hall of the Muppet Boarding House.

Gonzo's daily morning alarm was apparently interrupted by an explosion from Crazy Harry.

He tottered down the stairs for breakfast and saw Fozzie slowly chewing on a piece of toast, preoccupied thinking about another attempt at the world's funniest joke.

"Hi ho, Fozzie," Kermit said as he stifled a yawn.

"Hey Kermit!" Fozzie looked up from his plate. "Hey Kermit, Kermit, there's a big problem here!"

"What is it?" Kermit inquired. "No unforeseen disasters, I hope?"

"No," replied Fozzie, promptly. "The faucet started jumping when I went in to brush my teeth! When I looked at the pipes, it had SPRUNG A LEAP! WOCKA WOCKA!!!!"

Kermit stared at the comedian in disbelief.

He spotted Miss Piggy dining across from the table and sat down adjacent to her.

"Hi ho, Piggy," he greeted her cheerfully.

"Kermie!!!" she exclaimed amorously. "Does vous need a cup of coffee?"

"It's okay, I'll manage," he responded.

Gonzo staggered down the stairs, covered in debris, with smoke emitting from him.

"Hey Kermit," he rasped. "What's my breakfast?"

"Chef says it's bacon stringbean gorgonzola sandwich on sourdough with peanut butter eggplant smoothie," Kermit told him, while Miss Piggy made an admonishing face at Gonzo's... Exotic choice of foodstuffs.

After breakfast, usual activity resumed fluidly. Kermit and Scooter trotted off to a room to discuss about plans for the next performance and whether or not they should cancel it. The others just relaxed and took advantage of the free time.

"Hey guys! What happened to the fridge that fell on the-"
"Fozzie, you know that joke doesn't make us laugh no matter how many times you practice it!"
"Wanna see my boomerang fish act?"
"Get outta the way!"
"Fer sure, rully."
"Is nothing sacred?"
"This posalutely is the most hottest day in the whole spring!"
"Uhh.. Wha?"
"MEEP MEEP MEEP MO!!!"
"Come back, Beaker!"
"Muppaphones! Come to ze Muppaphone wall to practice!"
"Another day, another headache..."
"SILENCIO!!!"
"Bwak bok cluck cluck kuck-klawk!"
"Camilla! Come on!"
"Yeah well-"

And in the midst of all the nonsensical clutter, Kermit burst into the room and announced, "Guys! Scooter and I have decided to give us all a time to relax and go on a vacation!".

Everyone immediately quieted down.

With a couple hundred pair of eyes staring at him, he continued, "We're going to the island of Kawbakoak, and we've made hotel reservations for you guys, so everyone can go and pack their bags!"

He was responded to by a cheer and applause.

"LET'S GET GOING! YEAH!!!!!" he exclaimed.

A small meek voice asked, "Uncle Kermit, can I go, too?"

Kermit chuckled. "Of course you can."

-----------------------------------------

An hour later they had scramble onto the Electric Mayhem Bus, with Sweetums and Beauregard helping to load the cargo, and went off.

Not knowing the danger that awaited them.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Cackling laughter down the hall of the Muppet Boarding House.

Gonzo's daily morning alarm was apparently interrupted by an explosion from Crazy Harry.
Now, those would be funny sounds to wake up to :laugh:

"MEEP MEEP MEEP MO!!!"
"Come back, Beaker!"
*chuckles* Now, I imagine Beaker running wildly around, chased by Bunsen who holds a new contraption in his hand to test on Beaker.

Anyways, funny chapter. I hope there will be more funny moments in future chapters (along with scary and suspenseful and heartfelt moments) :smile: