The RHLC!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But of course, that doesn't mean that the characters are not intelligent.
No, but it gives the kids a confidence booster. It's like Big Bird with the little girl where Big Bird was trying to explain to the television viewing audience about little and big. And the girl suggest to you he should be big and that she should be little and he said that it was a great idea. Lol!:big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Exactly, it's a big part of dealing with kids. You're the authority figure and automatically a bit intimidating. It's great if you can make yourself look a bit silly and hence make them feel more confident (while still keeping things under control lol).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Exactly, it's a big part of dealing with kids. You're the authority figure and automatically a bit intimidating. It's great if you can make yourself look a bit silly and hence make them feel more confident (while still keeping things under control lol).
Plus, being able to have a sense of whimsical humor helps here, as well.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well also, if a kid is having a problem thinking of an answer or solution to a problem that can help or give a hint, but they will give the answer. They can be like "Oh! I just remember something my mom told me." and give said hint and the kids can use that to their advantage and still give an answer.:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That was a good clip thank you heralde. The chicken or the egg song sequence brought back memories. And Richard was so cool as the boy muppet named after him.

As Grandma said "Oh Richard" We love you Richard. :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As Grandma said "Oh Richard" We love you Richard. :big_grin:
I know! Like it almost felt real, right? :wink:

Still I do wonder if that scene was put together in a hurry lol ("Uh...let's use a boy puppet! Uh...oh we'll just call it Richard!") Hehe

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I know! Like it almost felt real, right? :wink:

Still I do wonder if that scene was put together in a hurry lol ("Uh...let's use a boy puppet! Uh...oh we'll just call it Richard!") Hehe
But even if rushed, it was pure goodness. XD

Snowball

Reaction score
That's a good clip. What I noticed about it, and this has been mentioned before with a different clip, is that the little girl in the very back who was sitting next to Richard found something, or someone, more interesting than the vegetables. She kept leaning on her side and looking down. It looked like she was more interested in what Richard was doing than in what she was supposed to be doing.

Going off topic, I introduced Fraggle Rock to my friend the other day, and she hated it. I wanted to explain to her that it gets better as it went along; and that even though it's silly, it tries to teach a wonderful message to children, unlike most shows of today. She just doesn't like Jim Henson's creations as much as me(Except Labyrinth. She probably likes that more than me.) *Sighs* But, at least I know there's some people out there that I can talk to about the Muppets and go into deep conversations about them.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Who could hate anything produced by Henson generally for that matter is what I'd really like to know? :confused: