The RHLC!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I know - I did a review of the Paley Center for the Not For Tourists site; among other things, I said, "...the temptation to spend a whole afternoon there is powerful."

The Puppetman pilot might have been a rough draft - the network execs might have wanted to see something on tape before they'd consider it. And it's true; Richard's character is the only multi-sided one, so it is worth wondering if Richard, not Fred Newman, was intended to be the lead.

Of course, had that happened, Richard might have had to spend extended periods of time away from the Muppets, and I don't think he would have wanted that. (Plus, the jet lag's a real drain.)

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I KNEW IT! i knew he was in the el slezo scene somewhere. my sister found Frank right away, i thought i saw Richard on the stairs, but i'm not sure.

lol, guess this is our version of where's waldo [only it's Hunt for Hunt, or Regard Richard] :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I KNEW IT! i knew he was in the el slezo scene somewhere. my sister found Frank right away, i thought i saw Richard on the stairs, but i'm not sure.

lol, guess this is our version of where's waldo [only it's Hunt for Hunt, or Regard Richard] :wink:
::shudder:: Waldo used to scare me when I was a kid, lol.

Hunt for Hunt I could live with though, hehe.

Regarding cameos, if you guys get to The Paley Center you might order Muppets in Walt Disney World. At the beginning of the Indiana Jones Show towards the end, you can see Richard in the audience. When they first cut to the host talking to the crowd. Richard's in a red shirt off to the right.

And I'll try to find your review of The Paley Center, MN!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Do you mean the dude in the striped shirt?
can't remember what he was wearing. my sister thought he was the guy hitting a girl on the stairs. i was gonna check again today :wink:

or you mean waldo? yes, waldo wear's the striped white and red shirt, and he's in a crowd of people dressed similar and you spend hours screaming 'where are you?' in a desperate attempt not to go mad

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
can't remember what he was wearing. my sister thought he was the guy hitting a girl on the stairs. i was gonna check again today :wink:
Yeah, that's who I was thinking. Then again I might have been just jumping to conclusions because of the curly hair.

or you mean waldo? yes, waldo wear's the striped white and red shirt, and he's in a crowd of people dressed similar and you spend hours screaming 'where are you?' in a desperate attempt not to go mad
Now that you mention it, he did look a bit like Waldo in that scene. (That is, if the dude I thought was Richard really was him.)

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Yeah, that's who I was thinking. Then again I might have been just jumping to conclusions because of the curly hair.
hee, i did that that too the first time i watched the movie, only it was the waiter. i was like 'the voice is wrong, but the hair is right' then i saw his face and was like, 'not him, dang' :wink:

it wouldn't surprise me if he was taken out for the DVD, i think disney doesn't like him. i heard they cut practically every scene he was in for the muppet's family christmas on DVD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Nekoshema; said:
i heard they cut practically every scene he was in for the muppet's family christmas on DVD
Yeah that was some rotten luck, they didn't get the rights for the song Fozzie and the Snowman (Richard's character) sang at one point, so they removed nearly any mention of the Snowman. For "continuity" you know. :rolleyes: :wink:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
i think disney doesn't like him. i heard they cut practically every scene he was in for the muppet's family christmas on DVD
Evil Disney. Why must you mess with all of us Richard fans? Let's hope they don't remove too much (if any) of the original Scooter stuff from the pre-show. However, if they do that...HI-YAH!:mad:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
hee, i did that that too the first time i watched the movie, only it was the waiter. i was like 'the voice is wrong, but the hair is right' then i saw his face and was like, 'not him, dang'
Same here. I just watched MM for just about the millionth time. :wink: (and no, I wasn't singing "Never Before, Never Again" to a picture of Richard Hunt) Anyway, back to the point, I'm about 87% sure that the dude on the stairs is Richard. (Which would be either a B or a C if it was a letter grade, but it would still be passing. Hmm...Richard Hunt 101...I would totally take that class. :smile::flirt:)