The RHLC!

Kiki

Reaction score
same here Kiki when i see muppet skits i get a huge smile on my face and fall into that world they created. i find as you get older it gets harder to stay like that since people get joy in destroying what you love, so i just yell 'your face' and walk away. it stuns them for a moment, then they chew you out on a stupid comeback. at least they stops saying stuff about the things i love

and analeisa, although my friend is a real s.o.b. sometimes, and he's only got, like, five friends, he can be nice too. although he finds enjoyment in making me mad, so he goes on about richard, i just try and ignore it. *cover's ears and sings loudly* it's just a dream! away! you've got to leave! to stay! we'll meet again! someday! just a dream away! [love that song :flirt:]
Heehee. c: ^_^ Still, he has no right to treat you like that. D: You're a lovely person, and I don't know what people have got to gain from making others feel terrible. Sounds like my brother, he can say some really unnecessary stuff and be just plainn spiteful to me. *Sigh*... however, he's one of the funniest people I know, and over the years, like you, I've just decided not to pay attention (my parents still assure me that it's A Phase for my brother, but we all know it's not :wink:) and be assertive. c:

I agree with you about getting older... people expect more of you, and you're under a lot of pressure. And sometimes, many people bring it on themselves, thinking that now that they're older they HAVE too be Conservative and Oh So Mature and certainly not Childlike because that equals Childish [/sarcasm]. Lol, look at my mum- she's still a kid at heart: she loves collecting toys and stuff- not unlike her daughter, heh!

I think you're right on the mark too, Kiki. I don't like those people who go on pity parties and look at life through negative eyes either. Life can be pretty bad but the thing that will truly help get through it is to keep your head up and hold other people's hand. That metaphor is kinda cheesy but it's true, I think. The Jim philosophy of being apart of everyone and everything is something I aspire to as well. Honestly, I think Bert and Ernie sketches amuse me more than they did when I was a kid.
Same. c: In fact, being older... in a way, I appreciate them even more. It's weird, but it's just a little something I've picked up on. Aww, it's a good metaphor! Very truthful. So why is that pill so hard to swallow for people? People need to stop taking life so seriously and just... put their lives in perspective. It's not as hard as people think. :stick_out_tongue: There are times when you just feel crumby, and hey- you're only human, but it shouldn't become ahabit when you just feel self-pity all the time and dwell on it. Trust me, I... um, I know some people who are just like that. -_-

Too bad you aren't around here. Just about everyone in my mom's science class now knows who Bunsen and Beaker are, and one student once gave my mom a colored in picture of Elmo, not to mention the occasional random reference from somebody other than myself. (And no, we're not in kindergarten, either.) Also, my friend Britt is a self-proclaimed "Beaker Obsessiac".
Aw, that's awesome. I don't know any Muppet fans in "real life"... technically. Although, on a random notw, in the sciene lab where I have my psychology lessons there's a little picture of Beaker on the door, heehee.

Hello everybody. Just thought I'd drop in and say hello to everybody in the club. :smile:

I'm very excited as my enrollment with The Salvation Army is coming up, as you can tell by my current signature.

I will be sure to let you know how it goes.
Good luck, Marty- and good to see you around these parts!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
I agree with you about getting older... people expect more of you, and you're under a lot of pressure. And sometimes, many people bring it on themselves, thinking that now that they're older they HAVE too be Conservative and Oh So Mature and certainly not Childlike because that equals Childish [/sarcasm]. Lol, look at my mum- she's still a kid at heart: she loves collecting toys and stuff- not unlike her daughter, heh!
exactly! i've been feeling odd for the past month now, and you just figured it out for me, thank you. i'll explain a bit, i graduated collage, can't find a good job, and all but 3 of my friends either hate me or are off at school, so i've been alone most days and i walk around questioning stuff [mostly myself]. and same with my mom too, she loved the muppets as well [maybe not as much as my sister and i, but still]

Same. c: In fact, being older... in a way, I appreciate them even more. It's weird, but it's just a little something I've picked up on. Aww, it's a good metaphor! Very truthful. So why is that pill so hard to swallow for people? People need to stop taking life so seriously and just... put their lives in perspective. It's not as hard as people think. :stick_out_tongue: There are times when you just feel crumby, and hey- you're only human, but it shouldn't become ahabit when you just feel self-pity all the time and dwell on it. Trust me, I... um, I know some people who are just like that. -_-
the one thing i like about youtube, i can watch old clips i completely forgot about the song 'i don't want to live on the moon' as well as the sketch where ernie orders a chocolate strawberry peach vanilla [not doing the whole thing] ice cream cone. not to mention anything with the two-headed monster [lol, fwank oz, i'm getting that 40 years of sunny days dvd for sure] my mom loved the yipping aliens discovering a telephone. i remember Richard saying about Jim living for the moment, forgive everyone, and being. it's really true, but i guess it's easier said than done. i suppose it's one of those things you've got to work on to achieve :wink:

Aw, that's awesome. I don't know any Muppet fans in "real life"... technically. Although, on a random notw, in the sciene lab where I have my psychology lessons there's a little picture of Beaker on the door, heehee.
lol, i think most muppet fans are like my digimon friends, you can't recognize us on the street, only when you get to know the person [or meet them at a convention] you'll discover they're crazy :crazy:

Kiki

Reaction score
exactly! i've been feeling odd for the past month now, and you just figured it out for me, thank you. i'll explain a bit, i graduated collage, can't find a good job, and all but 3 of my friends either hate me or are off at school, so i've been alone most days and i walk around questioning stuff [mostly myself]. and same with my mom too, she loved the muppets as well [maybe not as much as my sister and i, but still]

the one thing i like about youtube, i can watch old clips i completely forgot about the song 'i don't want to live on the moon' as well as the sketch where ernie orders a chocolate strawberry peach vanilla [not doing the whole thing] ice cream cone. not to mention anything with the two-headed monster [lol, fwank oz, i'm getting that 40 years of sunny days dvd for sure] my mom loved the yipping aliens discovering a telephone. i remember Richard saying about Jim living for the moment, forgive everyone, and being. it's really true, but i guess it's easier said than done. i suppose it's one of those things you've got to work on to achieve

lol, i think most muppet fans are like my digimon friends, you can't recognize us on the street, only when you get to know the person [or meet them at a convention] you'll discover they're crazy :crazy:
Heehee, that is so true. c: I go to an all-girls school, and I don't know *one* Muppet fan... though I suppose I should expect that from teenage girls generally speaking, huh? But I talk to many of my teachers (...who rock. Just quietly, I like talking to them more than a lot of students <.< >.>) and it's cool when they get refernces and actually know what I'm talking about. For example, my theater studies teacher really likes the work of Jim Henson. c: And when my folks have friends over and they look at my bedroom (most notably my "muppet corner") they're eyes lighten up, and they go on about who they're favourite Muppet was, etc. It's fantastic, really.

I couldn't agree with Richard more, thanks for sharing. I definately follow that belief in my everyday life. I think people should not bite off more than they can chew, and I know sometimes I can do that, with schoolwork and the like, but I also know my limitations. I mean, who are we trying to impress? And as for forgiving people, well...I definately believe in that. I'm only a teenager, but I've aknowledged the fact that I'm not getting any younger and you have to move on. I have a friend... and she's nitpicks everyone, to be honest. :frown: Whether it's due to theyre intellect or clothes... she's very hypocritical. I think she thinks I see life through rose-tinted glasses, because I tell her to let things go. I say to her, "are you really going to lose sleep just because that girl asked you ____________?" It just does not concern her. I try not to shove my philosophy of forgivness down her throat, but sometimes she goes a bit too far, and I have to tell her to just get over things, 'yknow?

And you are most welcome. ;3 I'm glad I could help! :smile: I'm a bit like you, I reckon... forever questioning things, yup- including myself. And sometimes my friends... it's just that... I don't know who to trust. One day a friend could be all lovely to be, but as of late many of them have been quite catty and deliberately picking on me. I'm not trying to start a pity party, lol, but I just don't like the way they make out it's my fault if they're being spiteful. Oh well. I think it's good to stay childlike. People should stop taking things so seriously- be lighthearted! Jim Henson always taught me about the frame of mind of a child, and it's quite admirable.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, you've got a muppet corner? that's so cool. i only have a Gobo Fraggle plushie i found at a second hand store [then i searched for 20 minutes for Mokey and Boober, no luck :frown:]

also,although forgiving people is rather important, everyone has a limit. recently [by which i mean the past year] i've been getting into fights over nothing with my best friend [little, stupid things, i have a friend she hates, i went to school so i can't hang as much, so on so forth] and about two months ago, she upset me [i honestly can't remember what.... i think she canceled on something and blamed me] well, she stopped coming over, and wants me to apologize. i forgive her, [it doesn't bother me at all] but there comes a point where you need to stop. if we're meant to be friends, one day, we'll start again. my mom got into a fight with her best friend one, and 15 years later [when we moved back] she called her friend, and everythings back to normal.

I think it's good to stay childlike. People should stop taking things so seriously- be lighthearted! Jim Henson always taught me about the frame of mind of a child, and it's quite admirable.
so true. where is it written you have to grow up? my answer to problems still is 'dance your cares away' *clap-clap* [sorry, habit]

there's a quote i can't really recall very well by Richard, something along the lines of 'i like working with children who can still believe' [just checked, it's "I like dealing with kids, who can still believe" but i was close :wink:] when i fist heard that quote, i agreed... what movie was it, i saw when i was a kid something about adults have trouble believing in magic when they grow up, it's not that they don't want to, they just can't. that really scared me... then again, according to Marjory the Trash Heap [Fraggle Rock] 'you cannot leave the magic' [which means, to me at least, my lifelong quest of finding a Fraggle hole has not been in vain]

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
my bedroom (most notably my "muppet corner")
Awesome! Pretty much all of my Muppet-related stuff is pretty much just spread throughout the house in no particular pattern. (Yeah, I'm no neat-freak, just a freak. :wink:)

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Just thought I'd drop in and say hello to everybody in the club. :smile:

I'm very excited as my enrollment with The Salvation Army is coming up, as you can tell by my current signature. :excited: :big_grin:

I will be sure to let you know how it goes.
Keep up the good work, Marty - and keep us posted.

I'm the same way, Gelfling Girl - there is a line in a book by Mary Higgins Clark that describes me: "...she creates clutter just by walking into a room."

And it's true - during his closing remarks at Jim's memorial, Richard offered up some really good spiritual balm. That's really what it is - we've got to stop, find a way to hit the pause button on some of our problems, and just re-connect with what's important.

In fact, there's a church down the street from where I live that's doing a labyrinth walk once a week for Lent. I was a little tightly wound after work, so I went in to check it out. And a couple of times while I was walking the labyrinth, I found myself thinking back to part of Richard's speech: "Forgive your anger...forgive your guilt, your shame, your sadness. Embrace and open up your love...your joy, your truth...and most especially your heart."

analeisa

Reaction score
I also recall the story of when Steve first had Kermit handed to him and he couldn't even go near him for a month.
Yeah, that story always sticks in my mind. Poor Steve had such big flippers to fill. It all worked out, though. He is super great with the frog. <3 [/other puppeteer love]

Oh, yeah, I've noticed that I appreacite the skits more now too. I think it's because you've experienced more things and you know that high quality like that is hard to find. I have no idea! People just get so focused on their own lives that they tune out others. People's pain is... worthy, I guess but you're right: that shouldn't suround your life. If you left that drag you down, you can't achieve your life goals.

[lol, fwank oz, i'm getting that 40 years of sunny days dvd for sure] my mom loved the yipping aliens discovering a telephone. i remember Richard saying about Jim living for the moment, forgive everyone, and being.
You should buy the 40 Years DVD (worth it!) but I linked to some of the behind the scenes clips on my tumblr. And, oh man, Richard's speech at Jim's memorial was amazing. The quote from Muppet Newsgirl is one of my favorite quotes ever. I think that's such an important message: forgive others but do not forget to give that acceptance to yourself.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Keep up the good work, Marty - and keep us posted.
UPDATE

My uniform arrived recently.

Unfortunately it's too small. The belt won't do up at all and the shirt is only just fitting as it is.:frown:
I'll see the Captain tomorrow and sort it out. I already have a perfect pair of black trousers. I need the next size up at least for the white shirt so it will sit comfortably. And I thought the belt would be all right. But it too needs to be bigger.

There's plenty of time to get a new shipment before the deadline however.:smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
You should buy the 40 Years DVD (worth it!) but I linked to some of the behind the scenes clips on my tumblr. And, oh man, Richard's speech at Jim's memorial was amazing. The quote from Muppet Newsgirl is one of my favorite quotes ever. I think that's such an important message: forgive others but do not forget to give that acceptance to yourself.
yea, i love your tumblr, my sister does too [she checks it almost daily] yesterday, she had a really bad day, and she went on your tumblr and it cheered her up [also, she cheered when she saw the new pictures :wink:]

and that quote is wonderful, it really is something we should do in our lives. i wish i could be more like Richard, but it's rather hard for me, because when things upset me [normally little things that really aren't too important in the long run, like last night, my sister ate leftovers i was using for dinner, and then i had ten minutes to defrost something] i get really angry. but in 15 minutes, i'm back to my calm happy self... need to work on that

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm the same way, Gelfling Girl - there is a line in a book by Mary Higgins Clark that describes me: "...she creates clutter just by walking into a room."

And it's true - during his closing remarks at Jim's memorial, Richard offered up some really good spiritual balm. That's really what it is - we've got to stop, find a way to hit the pause button on some of our problems, and just re-connect with what's important.

In fact, there's a church down the street from where I live that's doing a labyrinth walk once a week for Lent. I was a little tightly wound after work, so I went in to check it out. And a couple of times while I was walking the labyrinth, I found myself thinking back to part of Richard's speech: "Forgive your anger...forgive your guilt, your shame, your sadness. Embrace and open up your love...your joy, your truth...and most especially your heart."
Those are very good words Richard left us Erin. When we have problems or hassles in life we need to keep our connection with God firmly intact. Like I'm doing with the problem of getting a uniform to fit me. I'm placing the matter in God's Hands. He is in control and won't let me down.:smile: