The Rosita Appreciation Thread!!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
OKay, so I definately do have a reason to remember him, rather than insanity. ^_^
Is Rosita that old? Hmm, never knew that.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
OKay, so I definately do have a reason to remember him, rather than insanity. ^_^
Is Rosita that old? Hmm, never knew that.
Yes. I guess she was introduced in 1991. Surprised me too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although I like most of the older sesame street characters better, i do think that rosita is a very cute muppet, and I like her voice (it's too bad that carmen osbahr doesn't have more characters). having said that, if i had to choose between a rosita action figure and, say, a lefty the salesman or simon soundman action figure, i would pick lefty or simon. if i had to choose between a "best of rosita" video and a "best of biff and sully" video, i would pick the biff and sully one. So rosita is not one of my top 20 favorites, but she isn't one of my top 20 least favorites either.

DTF

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Sorry, but what is "Mexico on Sesame Street"?
There's supposed to be an episode (listed in a guide posted int he spring that is so far accurate) coming later this year in which Rosita misses her native Mexico, so the entire Sesame Street gang dresses up Sesame Street to look like Mexico. I think it might also either be a surprise for her grandmother (abuela), or her abuela will show up at the end.

As I say, it's the kind of concept that deserves to be throughout the show, not just a 10-12 minute segment at the beginning, teachign about a different culture like that.

BEAR

Reaction score
Am I crazy when I say that I think I read someone post somewhere that they took away Rosita's wings? She does still have them right? I hope so. Although I am always trying my best to keep up with the new shows, I thought I read somewhere that recently the wings were nixed, but I always think I see them. I love them!!
Also, random though: I dunno why, but Mokey from Fraggle Rock reminds me of Rosita and vice-versa. Is that weird? And I am not sure exactly what it is that makes me think so. Just an overall feeling I get when i see both of them. lol. I am nuts. :zany: