The set of Sesame Street

Jessica

Reaction score
Mister Fred said:
Jessica,

Your babysitter DID NOT have the cartoon network channel? That's sad cause there are alot of good cartoons on there that are not violent. My favorite is that little detective INCH HIGH PRIVATE EYE. I have seen every episode of that cartoon.
No, and I agree that it's sad. She just didn't want her kids to be watching TV all day and get fat. Well, they still did!

Mister Fred

Reaction score
Jessica,
Wow, that is very sad about your babysitters kids. Do you think like what wiggy said that alot of the older segments be brought back and mixed in. I didn't always watch sesame street alone. One thing I really like to do with my brother was rennact segments like Cookie monster in the library, sinister sam after the man who bought the last box of crayons at the general store, and one of my favorites I did with a boy at the babysitters house was the segment where one man OPENED the window, got into bed then another man came in and CLOSED the window then got in bed. The two continued until the one agreed to keep the window CLOSED. He then grabbed a sledge hammer & smashed the wall down. This segment was so funny! My mom would watch sesame street with me alot and that was good. I know there are alot more working moms these days and kids watch it alone. What was nice was learning things with her. She even sang along with some of the songs.

Cyndi Lauper

Reaction score
Too much Elmo's world!!!!

I think Sesame Street has too much Elmo's World episodes on it because it takes up the last 20 minutes of the show. Please for Pete's sake, put those old Sesame Street episodes back on the air because there is too much Elmo's World.

ceecee

Reaction score
Someone was wondering what happened to Big Bird's nest area. Remember the hurricane a few years back. Big Bird was devastated because his nest was ruined. Then the fine folks on Sesame Street helped him rebuild it or something.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
The mail it shop

I see now the fix it shop has been replaced with the mail it shop. This is a good change. I never liked the fix it shop cause they really did not fix anything. This is the best change to the set. However there has been doors painted and other stuff that looks awful. I wish Mr. Hoopers store was left the way it was. Maybe a plaque and memorial of him inside the store would be good.

zanimum

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed, they still have Big Bird's drawing of Mr. Hooper in the rare event they go into his nest area, during the street scenes, but during Journey to Ernie, where that other guy puppets Big Bird, Hooper's gone, its a bird version of Mona Lisa.

Mark The Shark

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
I used to wonder what was across the road from the general Sesame Street niehgborhood scape.[In real life of course,it would nothing more than studio tv cameras and such.]

Roosevelt Franklin's crack house!

Mark The Shark

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Basically they should do whatever they can to get kids to watch without compromising the integritty of the show. Play With Me Sesame seems to have taken the older segments and characters from what I hear. So, they aren;t lost forever.
The show's "integrity" was "compromised" a long, long time ago...the train left the station *years* ago, when it started being aimed *only* at children (and really, really young children) rather than at children and their parents, and when it became an hour-long commercial for Tickle Me Elmo.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
matleo said:
Actually the cast and space got trimmed because there was just too much there. It was tough for the writers to balance all the new character and settign in a way that kids could remember who they were. You'd see the Furry Arms hotel or Celina or the family that was supposed otb e Gordon's cousin or whatver in one episode and then it would be another 2 weeks before you'd see them again. Come ot think of it, I almost nnever remember seeign the other african amrican family they added Anyway, there woudl eb all this time in between and kids would forget who they were. So they didn't care about them, so the writers did the logical thing and streamlined the show. Only about a handful of puppets survived the cast cut. I don't think ANY of the actors did. That's probably a good thing. I never cared much for a lot of the actors they added.

I don't remember if this was actually in Carroll's book or something he talked about at the booksigning, but that's where I remember hearing it from.

--Matt
Well, there was one new human I really liked and that was Cilena the dance teacher. Anyone remember her?