The Silver Crystal

muppetwriter

Reaction score
That's cool. I was watching that same special just a while ago. It was great seeing all the Rangers from different incarnations together like that, especially Adam as the Black Power Ranger (there was another episode where he was wearing the same type of uniform but only for a short period of time, since his powers weren't as strong as they were when he was with Zordon).

It was also a surprise to see Alpha there, too--even if it wasn't the same robot that we saw way back in the day. And I loved how they played all the different instrumental versions of Mystic Force, S.P.D., Ninja Storm, and Dino Thunder as they were fighting in the warehouse. Speaking of which, I can't believe Xander thought he could talk his way out of that situation. LoL!

And what was up with Bridge as the Red Ranger? I thought Sky wanted to be Red Ranger because of his dad. Bridge as the Red Ranger just seemed a little awkward, seeing as how he's the "Comic Relief Ranger". I guess they just needed a good excuse to let Xander be the Green Ranger of the "New Team". Nevertheless, it was fun seeing him back.:smile:

I didn't get the chance to watch the first part of the special. Did Tommy have a cameo when Kira was being recruited? If not, that's too bad. It would've been a great way to bring two original Rangers back, Adam and Tommy.

I hope they do something like this again for future episodes. Like Dax, I was sad to see them go, too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully dunno... Due to reading DH Disc 3, I missed the first half too. Plan on watching it when they repeat it later tonight around midnight or 1 AM after PRG, which is currently in Season/Series 5.
Bridge as the Red SPD ranger? No! Rully? Thought he was in his usual SPD green uniform.
Actually, I have a nitpick with Alpha. If he said himself to be Alpha 6, then why was he acting like Alpha 5? Alpha 5 was the one who was with Zordon and the original team for the first four years, Alpha 6 was with Dimetria during Season 5.
Also, did you catch the in-joke at the end about Bridge's toast?

Will watch it again later and LYK.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yeah, I caught that as soon as he asked the butler (I forget what his name is) if it was buttery. That was funny.:smile:

This is what it said about Bridge being the S.P.D. Red Ranger on Wikipedia's article on the episode:

Originally the S.P.D. Green Ranger of Power Rangers: S.P.D., portrayed by Matt Austin. He now appears as the Red Ranger, having been moved up when Supreme Commander Fowler "Birdie" retired from SPD, causing a string of promotions to be given to "Doggie" Cruger, Sky Tate, and Bridge in succession.

Either way, it was the same old Bridge. LoL!

And I share that nitpick with you on Alpha 6. He didn't even sound like the same Brooklyn-accented Alpha. They should've just gone with the very first one (though Alpha 6 did say "Aye-yi-yi" just like him, which I thought was a nice homage to Alpha 5 himself).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well...
1 The Brooklyn accent Alpha 6 had was only during Season/Series 5, Power Rangers Turbo. When they changed to Season/Series 6, Power Rangers in Space, Alpha 6's voice changed to a more um effeminate-sounding voice.
2 That's pretty much what I thought... Because the orderof morphing set up the chain of command, when Jack let, Sky got promoted to SPD Red Ranger. And if Sky left the team, that'd make me think that Bridge would be next to be promoted to SPD Red Ranger.
Still waiting for the episode to repeat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW... The name of the Hartford family's butler is Spencer.
Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Mayhaps there's more of this fabu fanfic to be posted. Especially now that I've seen about half of the first F4 movie and have some idea of what the characters are like, would rully like to get some more story please.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I will as soon as I can. I'm actually planning on getting back to this one as soon as I think up a perfect way to begin the next chapter.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well, now that I'm done with my classes, I have all the time in the world to get back to this story and try to finish it by the end of the year. I rented the Avatar: The Burning Earth game for the Xbox 360 to use as inspiration for the next chapter, which will heavily reference the show Avatar: The Last Airbender with its main protagonists making their debut in the story.:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
"The Silver Crystal" is back with the newest chapter in months! :smile:

Chapter Six

It was a long way to the village from the castle, and Vathek was fading each second that had passed. Will did not stop looking behind her during the time they were running through the forest, because she knew that Azula and her cohorts would be pursuing them at any moment. As she flew through the air, she looked downward momentarily to see Robin and how far behind he was. It was understandable, considering the fact that he was so small compared to the others, but it was also what made him vulnerable to Azula.

Quickly, she flew down to the tiny frog and picked him up off the ground, carrying him in her arms and putting him ahead of the group. Robin, panting his little lungs out, looked up gratefully to Will and said, “Thanks. I needed that.”

“No prob, Rob.” Will remarked. “But don’t pass out on me yet. We still have a long ways to…ARGH!”

A small fireball came towards Will and instantly struck one of her wings. The pain was surprisingly overwhelming, as the wing had been scorched. No more could she fly through the air with one healthy wing. She was forced to descend back towards the ground unexpectedly.

Robin cling onto her for dear life, knowing how rough the landing was going to be. But, luckily, Elyon had seen what happened to Will and immediately flew up to catch her and stop her from falling even further. While Elyon brought her friend’s weakened body slowly to the ground, she looked at her back to see how extensive the damage was to her wing.

Will winced in pain. “Is it bad?”

“As in ‘bad’, you mean you’ll never compete in a Heatherfield Air Show? Then no. I think you’ll make it.” Elyon replied.

“I beg to differ.”

Will, Elyon, Robin, and the others turned their heads as soon as they heard the voice behind them, seeing Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee all mounted on giant lizards that were very similar to a plumed basilisk in its markings and raised chest, with bright yellow eyes. To Azula and her cohorts, they were mongoose dragons. To Will and her friends, they were terrifying creatures not from that world or the next.

Azula had a wicked grin on her face as she looked upon her adversaries. “I must admit that you all are very impressive fighters. We could use people with your remarkable skills in the Fire Nation.”

“Thanks, but we’ll pass.” Will said with great sarcasm and hatred in her voice.

“What are you talking about? What Fire Nation?” Elyon demandingly inquired, growing more curious by the second of these vicious, unknown enemies of theirs. “Who are you people?”

“That is something you’ll no longer have to worry about for very long.” Azula stated, while her fist began to flame intensely. “Because you are all about to feel the true wrath of a gifted Firebender.”

Will and the others looked on with fear at Azula, as she was about to unleash her unnatural ability of bending the element of fire to them. In the years that Will had spent as Guardian with her four friends, only one girl could be capable of controlling such an element, and that was Taranee. Seeing someone as vicious and insane as Azula was having such a gift was entirely frightening to see.

Knowing that this was the very end of the road for them all, Will didn’t dare want Robin to witness his own fate. She leaned over to him, stroking the back of his head gently and covering his eyes. “It’ll be alright, Rob. It’ll be alright.”

“You wish!” Azula exclaimed, and just as she was about to unleash her flames, a massive gust of wind suddenly blew them out. And it wasn’t very long before the entire area of the forest itself became victim of what almost seemed like a fierce tornado storm.

The trees were bending so far back that some had snapped apart and hit the ground with a great thud. Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee quickly found themselves overwhelmed by the gust of wind and knocked right off of their mongoose dragons, which started to falter under the incredible force. Will and her friends looked all around them, witnessing something that neither of them had ever seen happen before in Meridian. It was quite bizarre, especially considering the fact that the clouds were not in the right condition to give off such a fierce tornado.

At that moment, Will began to smile, because only one other girl could bend the element of wind in such an outstanding way. “Hay Lin! It’s Hay Lin! They must’ve come to save us!”

“But, Will, aren’t you the only one in your Guardian form?” Robin asked.

And Will’s smile quickly faded as soon as she realized that. She was grateful nonetheless that something so expected and unnatural was keeping Azula and her cohorts off their tail. But where was it coming from? Or who might’ve been causing it?

Then, out from the clear blue sky, something enormously big and white came down towards them. It was nothing like Will or her friends had ever seen before, whether it was on Earth or Meridian. The sight of it almost gave off the sensation of being saved by a guardian angel. But this creature was anything but an angel with its appearance.

The anatomy of the creature was just as bizarre as the windstorm that it was generating somehow. It had six legs and appeared to be a cross between a buffalo and a manatee. But little did its observers know about him, he was actually a flying bison—the last of its kind. And that slightly came a little clear to Will and her friends, as soon as the creature had landed near them.

With the wind still billowing all around them, the bison turned to the group and let out a monstrous yet gentle growl at them. As Will gaze at it, she couldn’t help but to feel as if it had come there not to wreak havoc like Azula and her aides, but save her and her friends from them.

“Everybody get on him!” Will found herself ordering with surprise.

Caleb, Matt, Blunk, and Pepe were quick to show their hesitation over the idea. “You want us to get onto something that we don’t even know what it is?” Caleb asked her.

“What are jou? Crazy?” Pepe inquired.

“Do we have any other choice?” Will asked them, and since she had put it that way, it seemed like this unnatural savior of theirs was the only chance of escape they had from Azula.

Immediately, they all climbed onto the bison carefully and cautiously. As soon as they were on, the bison took off into the air, leaving the chaotic scene. But as quickly as he departed, the windstorm had immediately ceased, allowing Azula and the two girls, Mai and Ty Lee, to get to their feet and look towards the sky to watch the bison escape with their prey.

“Should we keep following them?” Mai asked.

“No.” Azula said, with a confident smile. “Let them go for now.”

“But aren’t we trying to find out about the crystal they mentioned?” Ty Lee curiously inquired.

“Of course.” Azula said. “But you wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity of seeing the one and only Avatar, would you?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The bison was taking Will and the others to exactly where they hoped to be within minutes in just mere seconds with its incredible flying speed. While they were flying on him, they all took notice of the arrows marked on the bison’s back, not entirely certain of what it signified. They did know that it had to do with something of its outstanding ability of flight.

It wasn’t very long before the bison landed in the midst of the large village in Meridian, much to the surprise of its inhabitants, who have never seen such a large, bizarre creature before. They all cowered from its presence, some even forced to return to their homes, leaving behind any work they had just happened to be in the middle of at the time.

With just the few of the villagers that were left standing in the streets, Will and the others got off the bison and tried to find one that was a doctor to help treat Vathek’s wounds. Unfortunately, none could be found at the moment, partially due to the fact that one was either hiding in his home or out of town, and there was not enough time to find one.

“Is there anyone that can help our friend?” Caleb asked as loud as he could.

And soon a kind, young voice spoke out to him. “I can.”

They looked in the direction that it had come from to see four strangers, no younger than either of them, standing at them with calm, friendly faces—much in contrast to the strangers they encountered minutes ago. The one who had answered Caleb’s question was the older girl in their group, the mature, loving, and responsible (yet short-tempered) Katara.

“Lemme see how bad it is. Hopefully I can at least ease his pain long enough for the wounds to heal.” Katara said, and the group partied to allow her to approach Vathek, who was laid down on his stomach, and inspect the status of his wound. Katara looked closely at it—not that bad. “Oh, I can fix this. Just give me a sec.”

Will and the others watched her closely and even a little suspiciously as she opened up a medium-sized canister strapped to her side. Making odd gestures with her left hand, she magically brought out water from the canister that streamed in midair. To Will, only one other person who control water in such a way, and that was Irma. But Irma could never have performed an act of healing with water in the way that Katara had at that moment, as she placed her hands on Vathek’s back and allowed the water to flow in and out of his wound.

In just a few seconds, Vathek’s burns had disappeared, and all that was left was his bare blue back. Vathek opened his eyes, free of any pain that he had felt in the past moments, and he got to his feet, much to the surprise of Caleb. “You’re all right!” Caleb happily shouted.

“Yes.” Vathek said, just as surprised as Caleb was. “I am.”

Will and the others smiled over the amazing display they had witnessed. But soon Will was wincing again over her own wound, which soon caught Katara’s attention. The young Waterbender walked over to the Guardian and used her healing capabilities on her damaged wing. The process was only slightly painful to Will, as she could actually feel the wound disappearing. But quickly the pain had vanished along with the wound, and Will’s wing returned to its normal form.

“Thanks.” She told Katara, looking upon her with grateful eyes at one point and then at her friends the next. “Well, I guess this answers my question of whether or not you guys are from around here.”

Aang, the young Airbender and Avatar of his home world, smiled at Will. “Nope. But I wish we were. This place is so cool.”

“Very beautiful.” Katara commented.

The somewhat selfish, bitter, arrogant, and sarcastic Earthbender known as Toph spat at the ground and said, “It’s alright…I guess.”

“Toph, how can you tell?” Sokka (Katara’s older brother) remarked. “You’re blind.”

Will looked over at Toph and took notice of her pale green eyes. She was in fact as blind as a bat. Although she could still perform one of the rarest things she had ever seen, and that was create her own chair and footstool to sit in from the rocky terrain beneath her.

“Don’t need eyes to see where I’m at, Sokka.” Toph uttered. “All I need to know is that I’m in some funky-smelling old town by using my nose. That’s all.”

Elyon quickly took offense of Toph’s comment. “Now, just a minute! The people here in this village are hard working and have lived here for centuries! They have been through a great deal, so why don’t you show a little respect?”

“Whatever.” Toph uttered.

“Toph means well, Your Highness.” Katara said, telling that Elyon was Queen of Meridian not just from her royal clothes but also from her defensive attitude over the people there. “She’s just comes from a really hard childhood with very strict parents.”

Toph rolled her eyes over the way Katara was defending her. “Gee, Katara, why don’t you just tell them my whole life story?”

“As much as it would do us all a great favor getting to know one another, we really have to get everyone out of here before the girl with the flaming fingers shows up again.” Caleb suggested.

“Don’t worry.” Aang told him. “Azula’s not going to bother any of the people in your world. She’s only after us.”

“What does she want with you guys?” Will asked.

Aang looked to his friends for a brief moment. “Maybe it would help if we explained everything to them. They’re just as much a part of this now that Azula has brought them into it all.” With that said, Aang then turned to Will and her friends and began explaining. “My name is Aang, and these are my friends Katara, Sokka, and Toph. The flying bison that had rescued you from Azula is named Appa.”

The bison, Appa, let out a muffled growl before licking the tiny Robin with the tip of his enormous tongue. Robin laughed while being licked, feeling very ticklish. “Nice to meet ya, Appa.”

As Aang continued explaining, an intelligent and curious winged lemur with white, black-striped fur climbed onto Aang’s shoulder and chirped. “And this is Momo. Don’t worry he won’t bite.”

“Still kinda freaky, h’okay.” Pepe said.

Aang continued on. “I might look like I’m just an average 12-year-old kid, but I’m actually 112 years old.” The eyes of Will and the others somewhat bulged out when they heard that fact. “I was frozen up in the southern part of our world for a hundred years, until my friends Sokka and Katara found me and free me from the ice. By then, I had already become the last of my kind.”

“Your kind?” Will asked with curiosity.

“I’m an Airbender.” He said, demonstrating some of his talents by creating a basketball-shaped ball of wind that truly impressed Will and her friends. “My friends and family were slaughtered by the Fire Nation during the time I was contained in the ice.”

“That’s horrible!” Elyon exclaimed, now understanding how sinister this Fire Nation she had been hearing about is. “Why would they do something like that?”

“To get to me.” Aang sadly said.

“But you’re just a kid.” Robin told him.

Katara stepped forward and gave Aang a break from explaining his troubled history by taking over herself. “You see, Aang is the current incarnation of the Avatar, the spirit of our planet manifested in human form. And he has to master all four elements in order to stop the war that has waged on our world.”

“And while we’re here talking about all of this, our world is in current danger of being wiped out by the likes of the crazy ladies you encountered a moment ago.” Sokka stated. “Man, life is grand, isn’t it?”

“So, this Azula wants you, because you’re what stands in her way of dominating your planet?” Will inquired, and Aang nodded.

“Evidently she’s after more than just you now, after she’s found out about the crystal that’s being kept guard on Earth, the planet next to this one.” Caleb said, and at the mentioning of the Crystal of Thra, the eyes on Aang and his group widened in revelation and shock.

“You all know about the Crystal of Thra?” Katara said.

“Is that what it’s called?” Will asked. “We’ve been having dreams about it for some time now. Something about its power has been reaching out at us with intent. And we think it has something to do with this.” Dropping her Guardian form and returning to her human form to the amazement of Aang and his friends, Will removed the Heart of Kandrakar from around her neck and showed it to them. “This and the Heart of Meridian, which hangs around my friend Elyon’s neck, both have remarkably linkage to both this planet and others. But it is mostly linked to me, because I’m its sole bearer.”

“Incredible.” Katara said, while gazing upon the Heart.

“If what you’re telling us about Azula being interested in the Crystal is true, then we have to get to Earth as soon as possible before she does.” Aang stated. “Do you have any idea where it could be?”

Pepe thought for a moment and then answered Aang’s question. “My guess is dat dose C.O.V.ies have it, h’okay.”

“C.O.V.ies?” Toph remarked with confusion.

“He means the enforcers of our planet.” Will made clear. “These guys who capture aliens like you guys and perform weird tests in order to tap into your secrets.”

“What kind of tests?” Aang asked.

“Jou don’t want to know, h’okay.” Pepe answered.

“Well, what we do want to know is where the Crystal of Thra is, and if that means having to search your entire planet for it, then…we must out of our minds!” Sokka yelled.

“Relax, Sokka.” Katara said, before gesturing towards the Heart of Kandrakar. “I have a good feeling that we’ll find it sooner than we hope with this necklace.”

“Weird necklaces, weird planets, weird girls with weird wings…this is just another day in the life of a protector for the Avatar, isn’t it?” Sokka asked.

Using the Heart of Kandrakar, Will opened the portal leading back to Earth, another incredible surprise for Aang and his friends to witness. The portal was big and wide enough to allow everyone, including Appa, to walk through it and re-enter Earth, leaving behind villagers who were just bewildered over the characters that they had seen once standing in the middle of the street.

END OF CHAPTER SIX