The SS Lyric Archive timeline??

mikealan

Reaction score
Hey! Does anybody want to know what year were any of the songs and skits of Sesame Street transcribed?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Last time I checked that site was down. What is its new URL?

mikealan

Reaction score
I've found out that the SS Lyric Archive debuted in April 1996, 'cuz of Tiny Dancer and some of her friends transcribed 25 SS songs and skits. Now, this lyric archive has 669 songs and skits!

Do you remember what year does any of the songs and skits transcribed for the SS Lyric Archive?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Some of the songs there have a copyright date, but that site has been down all weekend. They said it would be back up in 12 hours, but you never can trust Tripod. Anyway, I'm wondering the same thing. I'll have to take a look at the site whenever it's back up and running.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

It's finally back up. Here's the URL:

http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/sesame1.html

But be warned, it's probably going to be down again within a few minutes later. I wonder if we could have the owner of that site expand, bandwith or something. Anyway, I'll look through it and try to answer Mike's original question.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Let's see. First of all any song from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" would be from 1978. Anything from "Follow That Bird" would be from 1984.

The song "Circles" by Cookie Monster and Herry is from 1970.

"Healthy Food" was from 1987. (I thought it was a little bit earlier than that though)

"Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco" was 1979.

Somebody told me "Twin Beaks" was probably from the late 80s.

The site went down again. I'll have to look at again later on.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
"Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco" was 1979.
I have that on VHS. If anyone else does, watch for Elmo. :big_grin:

mikealan

Reaction score
Well...NOT the songs you're talkin' about when years they are made!

When the SS lyric page made in April 1996, I think DON'T FORGET TO WATCH THE MOVIE (from Sony Theatres (now Loews)) and PENNY CANDY MAN#8 (not complete) were two out of twenty-five first songs and skits transcribed for the archive.

When I checked out What's New in the middle of the year 2001, I can remember that TWELVEIA, REMEMBER Q, WANDA THE WITCH, THE NOO-NEE-NOO TYPEWRITER GUY (all skits), WET PAINT (David's version) and WHAT RHYMES WITH BUY AND IS DELICIOUS (a skit starring Cookie Monster, Mike the Baker and Guy Smiley) are transcibed in the year 2000.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Sorry, Mike. But I don't know much more about this then you do.

Maybe somebody should create a site that...

A. has the copyright date for all the songs

B. has a better bandwith limit.

By the way, no offense to the person who runs the SSLA site if they're on this forum and read this message, but it is frusterating when you're trying to visit a website and it hardly ever works.