The Tom and Jerry Show Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been enjoying Bunnicula so far. I've never actually read the books, but I might get to checking them out someday. I enjoy how the bunny is conflicted about being evil and being a loving companion to his owner (who is unaware of his evil side), and the Looney Tunes-style physical comedy that this adaptation employs. And how Sean "Raphael" Astin voices Chester the cat.
I think I heard his father, John Astin as the little girl's father as well. I have no idea what baring the books have on the plot, but even if the books aren't exactly about something like this, I can totally get behind a Monster Mash type cartoon. I mean, Muppet fans love wacky monsters after all. Plus, Maxwell "Grim Adventures" Atoms is behind the series, so that bodes well. Plus, there's a certain level of sweetness with the little girl who loves her pets, even and especially the vampire.

Harold also appears to be a self-aware idiot, though unlike others of his kind like Patrick Star in later SpongeBob episodes, it doesn't come across as him being a jerk@@@ and that his stupidity is all just an act. So it still works.
As the original TMNT cartoons have proven with Rocksteady and Bebop, characters that are stupid can only be written so well before they become obnoxious one note jokes. There's a weird subtlty with Harold's ignorance that's oddly appealing. I'd say he's almost Ed (Ed Edd n Eddy Ed) like. He's in his own little world and has his own understanding of things. He means well, but stumbles into trouble but so far not disproportionately to his supposedly smarter cat counterpart. Plus, you gotta love how even he's not dumb enough to not know chocolate is bad for dogs. In a world of cartoon dogs that eat everything, it's refreshing to see some little nuggets or responsible pet care references. Though he doesn't mind eating a candy bar if it's a musical candy bar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kinda seems like they're just focusing on the at home aspects this season, which is disappointing. I loved the travelogue/nature show, witch, detective, and especially the laboratory segments.

That said, they wrote a Chemical Cast...errr...Quacker cartoon to perfection. I swear I had deja vu for an older cartoon when watching that one. They got the whole "Don't come near me, I'm bad luck" that was true to the original character's cartoons.

I also love how in this show Spike's more evenhanded towards Jerry. Not like the old cartoons where the enemy of the enemy was a friend. Seems like all of them have their problems with each other.