The Trouble With Hats

Asmodeus

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought Steppin' Out Fozzie (the inclusion of Chuckie made this the ideal Fozzie in my mind, I love the ventrilloquism sketch). Overall I'm really happy with the figure.

The one issue is that his hat doesn't seem to sit on his head properly. Normally I'd've ignored this, but Palisades seemed to have taken alot of car to make sure the accessories are compatible with their figures, and I was under the impression that the hats were meant to be magnetic.

I can get the hat to balance on Fozzie's head for display, but the minute I pick him up or move him his hat falls off. It's almost as if the magnet isn't present.

I was wondering if anyone had come across a similar issue. Overall, it's not a big deal, the figure is still great. Really, I was just curious if anyone else had the same thing happen.

Asmodeus.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Reason why the magnet almost doesn't seem to be present is cause there is no magnet in Steppin' Out Fozzie's hat. The hat is meant to fit on his head, but I haven't gotten it that way so far. What I do is just squeeze it tightly on top of one of his ears, mostly his left ear. He looks OK that way.
Hope this helps.

Asmodeus

Reaction score
No magnet? I had assumed there would be, given the package had 'magnetic top hat' written on it. Anyway, it would seem (if two people are enough to conclude) that none of them actually ended up with the magnet, and I'll just have to do a balancing act.

Thanks for the tip.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Didn't know it said that on the packaging. But if you feel the hat, it has a hollow or open bottom, which wouldn't hollow nor open if it did indeed have a magnet inside.
Good luck though.

BEAR

Reaction score
Check to see if there is a magnet or metal peice in the head at all just to make sure. I have the regular Fozzie and since I lost his hat, I sometimes put one of my magnetic blinky lights on him just for fun. I know for sure there is a piece in his head holding it on. Try that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hee... Funny Bry.
Steppin' Out Fozzie doesn't have a magnet in his head though.

Asmodeus

Reaction score
Yup, he is completly magnetless despite what the package says.