"The TV Guide Thread"

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay, this is not supposed to be some type of TV Guide knockoff(well, it's something like that), but it's sort of like another thread where you can discuss all the tv shows on tv now. From reality tv to drama, this is the place.:smile:

First off, what's with all of Vh1's "Love" series? I mean, first there was Flavor of Love, then Flavor of Love 2, it's spinoff I Love New York:rolleyes: , and now there's Rock of Love. Not to mention the other Flavor of Love spinoff Charmschool. Does Vh1 figure that they can get more ratings with these shows? I mean, it was cool at first, but now it's getting annoying!

There even talking about doing one for Betty White! That's right, 85 year-old Betty White, who is best known for her role as Rose on the Golden Girls. Does anyone agree with me that this "series" is getting a little to much exposure? It's practically driving me nuts!:crazy:

travellingpat

Reaction score
Haha Betty White Rocks! The series is going a little crazy but if people keep watching ...theyre going to keep making them.....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this is not supposed to be some type of TV Guide knockoff(well, it's something like that), but it's sort of like another thread where you can discuss all the tv shows on tv now. From reality tv to drama, this is the place.:smile:

First off, what's with all of Vh1's "Love" series? I mean, first there was Flavor of Love, then Flavor of Love 2, it's spinoff I Love New York:rolleyes: , and now there's Rock of Love. Not to mention the other Flavor of Love spinoff Charmschool. Does Vh1 figure that they can get more ratings with these shows? I mean, it was cool at first, but now it's getting annoying!

There even talking about doing one for Betty White! That's right, 85 year-old Betty White, who is best known for her role as Rose on the Golden Girls. Does anyone agree with me that this "series" is getting a little to much exposure? It's practically driving me nuts!:crazy:
You're right, I Love the 70s, I Love the 70s Volume 2, I Love the 80s, I Love the 80s: Strikes Back, I Love the 80s: 3-D, I Love the 80s: 4-Real, and I Love the Holidays are much better!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I still gotta catch I Love the Holidays...that's one of the few VH1 "I Love" specials I missed...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Let's not forget VH1's other newest gem "Scott Baio, 45 and single" Sigh, I could care less about his love life and the fact that he can't commit to anything. It's sad.

I much prefer the shows that Snowthy listed, or I also like their countdowns, like The 100 Best One Hit Wonders and stuff like that. I also enjoyed the World Series of Pop Culture that was on earlier in July.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Tis a good one, Winslow, tis a good one!
So I hear.

I'm sure come holiday time it will be repeated ad nauseum. I can't figure out why I missed it last year...I'm always up on my "I Love..." series.

Maybe they'll even do an "I Love the Holidays II" this year...

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Let's not forget VH1's other newest gem "Scott Baio, 45 and single" Sigh, I could care less about his love life and the fact that he can't commit to anything. It's sad.
What about that new one with the two Coreys, Haim and Feldman? I don't know if that's a VH1 show...but Haim is supposedly still immature and living with Feldman and his wife...something like that, I dunno...never watched it, but caught a couple of ads for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do not get me started on TV. Do not. we got like 3 or 4 good shows that aren't animated, and most of them are NBC's Thursady line up. What the shell is up with

• Maury Povich still being on the air? Why can't people stop having illigitamate children so he doesn't have any more subjects for his crap talk show.
  • TV Judges. Can't say anything I haven't already said. Daggnabbit.
  • 2 Shows about knowing lyrics to random songs. Why do we even need one?
  • The whole "hey! Heroes was a smash. So let's make a hundred clones that are incredibly bad and terribly inferior that NO ONE will watch."
  • People endlessly complain about reality TV shows and then they go and watch them anyway. Stop watching them and they won't make anymore!
  • American cartoon studios that want to ripoff what some 50 year old out of touch yesman thinks is "anime." I love Teen Titans, and have heard good things about Avatar, but Loonatics is Doo Doo.
  • Nick Jr. Again, nothing I haven't already said.
  • Daytime WB; Now I had problems with it when it was the highly acclaimed ER and the "Let's feel sorry he died filming it" 8 Simple Rules. but now it's that God Awful Amanda Bynes thing and Reba MacIntyre's nightmarish creature of the danged.
  • NBC's Qubo. You are NOT EVEN TRYING now! I mean, the Discovery kids line up was a cry for help, sure... but Dragon and BaBar? What Ameican kid wants to watch either of those.

The absolute one thing I do not like about summer (it's my favorite season) is that there's either reruns you seen a billion times and don't want to watch again or horrible horrible summer filler shows.