The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It wasn't a baby, it was a toddler, and even a toddler should know how to behave itself in public - if I carried on like that, I would've gotten a good old-fashioned spanking and never misbehave again. If parents can't control their kids at the movies, then they shouldn't take them to the movies where they'll be disruptive for everyone else. I'll agree the lady went too far with the popcorn bucket and what have you, but honestly, kids need to behave themselves in public, whether at the movies, at a restaurant, a library, a store, or anywhere really.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok, but clearly the mom doesn't care about how the kid behaves. Regardless of whether or not they *should* know better, the point is, they dont because they weren't taught any better. Yes, kids should behave, and parents need to do their job to teach them to behave.

Take your anger out on the parent. Not the kid.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rightfully so. One time at Shoney's, there was a mother with a bunch of rowdy kids sitting at the table behind us, and my dad got beaned in the back of the head with a blob of mac-n-cheese; he turned around, looked at the mother and asked, "Do you not know how to control your own kids?"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Parents today have no clue what they're doing, and this is why we had TWO reality nanny shows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's a lot of factors at play here.

For one thing, apparently you can't discipline your kids anymore in this day and age, because it's considered "child abuse," and you can get locked up for it. As I said, back in my day, a spanking was something you might get if you're in real, deep trouble, but as the years went on, more and more people argued that spanking or any other physical punishment was child abuse, so you'd be hard-pressed to see kids be met with a belt for acting up.

Another thing is that we kind of live in a time now where kids are almost always forced to grow up too quickly and not even really get much of a childhood, and I think it's because you can't really reason with kids like you can adults, and people don't have the patience to want to deal with kids, so try to mold them into mini-adults as quickly as possible.

But one of the biggest problems too is that too many parents as still kids themselves: kids today aren't properly educated about the facts of life and what have you, so when their hormones get to raging and they do regretable things as a result and end up having babies, they're not prepared to raise these little bundles of joy, and those babies end up growing up messed up kids because their parents don't even know what to do with them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This photo actually gave me a good laugh, courtesy of @D'Snowth.

Thank you for this, I needed that after such a long day.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, well thank you Dwayne. :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry, I just feel like I haven't seen him post very often here so I don't know him too well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay so I saw a few posts from Dwayne on that cancerous thread about politics that I must have just dismissed, and from seeing some, I'm guessing he's an independent like me.

That would explain the photo, lol.