The week just started & already it's kind of crummy

Katzi428

Reaction score
Early Saturday morning ,I had a dream about my whole family (including my dad who was supposedly alive in the dream) We were celebrating my dad's life & everything was great.So towards the end of the dream,it hit me that my dad was dead.I woke up crying :cry: I know that it'll take awhile to get over my dad's death but that dream sure as heck was a tough one to forget the whole day. *sigh*
Plus my sister is in the hospital:frown: At first they didn't know what was wrong but it turned out to be an inflamed appendix She had the operation to remove it yesterday afternoon & seemed OK today.Even though she's an adult (she's 24) I still worry about her as if she's like a little kid.(I've been told time & again that she doesn't need a second mother).I just can't help worrying though. I admitted to my mother this evening that I'd make a horrible mother by worrying so much!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Kathy! I'm so sorry! That must be tough. I wish I could tell you I know what you're going through, but I don't. I have only lost great grandparents. And they weren't very close to me.

My prayers are with you and your sister.

Love,
Ryan
theprawncracker

Katzi428

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Kathy! I'm so sorry! That must be tough. I wish I could tell you I know what you're going through, but I don't. I have only lost great grandparents. And they weren't very close to me.

My prayers are with you and your sister.

Love,
Ryan
theprawncracker
Thanks (((Ryan))))You're very sweet!Hopefully my sis will be out of the hospital by tomorrow or Wednesday

Vibs

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Dreams can be really nasty - especially dreams like that. I usually have dreams like that about my parents being together again, my grandparents being alive and such - but I know, it's not the same really.

*HUGS*

Take care, my prayers
~Vibs.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kathy, life's throwing you a curve-ball it sounds like. I know how strong you are, so I know you'll be able to get through your hard times, and just remember, we all love you.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Dreams can be very tough sometimes. About 3 weeks before my fiance's grandfather passed away (he was very sick at the time) I had a dream that he was at my fiance's house visiting from St. Louis. We were all hanging out in the kitchen and I was getting ready to go. He gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and told me goodbye. Something in the dream seemed to alude to him saying goodbye forever. I woke up kind of freaked out but didn't think anything of it. 3 weeks later he died. I now believe that he maybe really did come to me in that dream to say goodbye. Maybe your dad was in your dream to just spend some time with you. Sorry, not trying to be philisophical. Anyway, it still hasn't been that long since his death, so it's still going to take you sometime. As for your sister, I'll pray that she continues to recover well. She's lucky that you love and care for her so much.

HUGE HUGS TO YOU KATHY!!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You know what? I still have dreams about my Granny Ethel and she passed away in the early 90's. Papa Roy still dreams about her, too. Our dreams are in normal settings as if she were alive today and right there with us.

You know what it is? Psychologically we want them back, our love for these people is still so strong that we cannot seem to turn it loose. But, instead of letting the dreams make you sad use them to your advantage! Your dreams like this is a way of dealing with the loss, of bringing them back to you--if only for a little bit--until you've been weened of the sadness.

Celebrate his life, as in your dream, and the burden of the loss will become easier.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Thank you everyone ((((HUGS)))))
And Kevin (Fozzie) I think you hit the nail square on the head in your last paragraph about our love being so strong for our loved ones when they're gone that we want them back.
I talk to my dad in my thoughts in the morning when I wake up & before I go to bed.

BEAR

Reaction score
**BIG GIANT BEAR HUGS**

Hang in there, Kathy! Maybe later I will send Rosita to your room to give you some love. She is usually very comforting with these sorts of things.