The 'What Do You Do For A Living/What Do You Study' Thread

robodog

Reaction score
I'm disabled.

When I was 14 I wanted to be a dog artist, by which I mean I wanted to create dog characters and bring them to life in a variety of mediums. Comics, animation, Puppetry, animatronics you name it. I still haven't given up hope of someday being able to do that. I'd also like to design and build robotic toys, particularly robotic pets. This would allow people in positions where they can't have real pets to have robotic ones.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
Middle schoolers really arent that bad. I don't understand why people think they are demon spawn
I taught 4th grade in an impoverished community, where jail time (for TWELVE YEAR OLDS) was considered a great status symbol. I was, IIRC, about the only teacher that one kid didn't assault (but, oh, did he want to), even though I was a foot shorter than him.

I'm an RN, having been one for a little over a year and a half now. Having a resume like Grover's, I always feel terrified that any job will be "temporary". However, like Grover, I just throw myself into whatever the next round is. :big_grin:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I taught 4th grade in an impoverished community, where jail time (for TWELVE YEAR OLDS) was considered a great status symbol. I was, IIRC, about the only teacher that one kid didn't assault (but, oh, did he want to), even though I was a foot shorter than him.
Jail time a status symbol? My goodness! Sounds like a pretty tough place to teach.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Hi! *waves* Psychology major here, studying at Ye Local College in Canada, getting ready to transfer to Ye Big Honkin' University next September (which will call for me to move out of town for the first time, eeeep! :eek: ). I'm also a writer, and have had poetry and short stories published three times in a local magazine, and I hope to expand on that when I move out of town. :smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I have a fun job! I work on fixing video games, pinball machines, redemption games, and a whole lot more for a company called Melody Music here in Champaign, IL. I don't have a driver's license and I definitely don't want to get into an accident and pay the insurance for it, so they have me do my work at the warehouse, and I work with a bunch of crazy people, (sounds like the Muppet show, doesn't it?:smile:), and I enjoy my job. One of my life long ambitions was to participate in pinball tournaments and win a lot of prizes, and I might be participating in some local tournaments in January, and then hopefully in October, I'll be going to Chicago for the big pinball expo, and participate in the "Flip out" tournament.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I currently am a barista. It's okay for now, at least it's a job.

I got my degree last year in Film Writing/Directing. It's nice for knowing how to make fun little videos but I'm having trouble finding a job with it. I keep looking for some sort of administrative/clerical job because I developed those skills really well in school.

I am considering going back to school for a degree in Zoology or Biology. I wanted to get a degree in that at one point and I figured it'd be one more thing I could add to a resume.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have a pretty boring job - administrative assistant for facilities team of a clinic. I went to school for communications which means I can do just about anything. Honestly though, the job is close to home and has great benefits and I really don't mind what I do. It's mindless for the most part which gives me time to work on side projects like writing and blogging.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I've been teaching at an early childhood center in the Sioux Falls, SD area, for about a year. I've kind of been all over -- first teaching three's, then mobile infants, and since September I've been teaching toddlers (the classroom where I've been the most... stretched). I got the job entirely on past experience-- my degree is in Biblical Studies and Worship Arts.