The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

anytimepally

Reaction score
Tom Jones - "What's New Pussycat?" .. I'm not really a Tom Jones fan, but the movie's starting

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Tom Jones - "What's New Pussycat?" .. I'm not really a Tom Jones fan, but the movie's starting
I like some of Tom's stuff, such as

What's New, Pussycat?
Green, Green Grass of Home
Delilah
She's a Lady
I Who Have Nothing
Thunderball (one of the best Bond themes, IMO)

BTW, did you know Pussycat was originally written for Warren Beatty? In fact, the title of the film is the phrase Beatty used whenever he spoke on the phone with one of his lady friends.

Oh, listening to

"Sheena Is a Punk Rocker" (single version) - Ramones

anytimepally

Reaction score
I like some of Tom's stuff, such as

What's New, Pussycat?
Green, Green Grass of Home
Delilah
She's a Lady
I Who Have Nothing
Thunderball (one of the best Bond themes, IMO)

BTW, did you know Pussycat was originally written for Warren Beatty? In fact, the title of the film is the phrase Beatty used whenever he spoke on the phone with one of his lady friends.
I like the Thunderball theme also

I didn't know Pussycat was written for Beatty, but now that you mention it, I could totally see that.. I prefer O'Toole, of course, but I could see Beatty in that role.. you learn something new every day :smile:

btw, "She's a Lady" is now stuck in my head

in hopes of getting it out, listening to:
Nathan & the Zydeco Cha-Chas - "Your Mama Don't Know"

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I didn't know Pussycat was written for Beatty, but now that you mention it, I could totally see that.. I prefer O'Toole, of course, but I could see Beatty in that role.. you learn something new every day :smile:
Pussycat was Beatty's project from the start. He was going to play Michael and--get this--he wanted Groucho Marx for Dr. Fassbinder!

Woody Allen was the reason Beatty ultimately didn't do the film.

This was Allen's first produced screenplay, and the nightclub comic saw it as his shot at the big time. He began diminishing Beatty's role, and expanding his own, which naturally angered Beatty. He left the production, was replaced by O'Toole, and the script was re-written again to showcase the Lawrence star. A lot of Allen's footage ended up on the cutting-room floor, or not shot at all.

Sorry 'bout sticking "She's a Lady" in your head there...:halo:

Listening to

"Whispering Pines" - The Band