1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kiki, Jan 13, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I prefer this version over Three Dog Night's for three reasons. 1) I heard this one long before 3DN's; 2) the arrangement is better; and 3) the Muppet jug band and those Paul Williams lookalikes seal the deal.

3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

The beginning reminds me of the King of the Hill theme song:

The fiddle part also reminds me of the Devil Went Down to Georgia:
    [​IMG]

4. Flaky Pudding

This song makes me feel nostalgic, even though I never heard it as a kid. Maybe because he's singing about childhood?

5. Flaky Pudding

This song has a unique sound to it that I really like:

6. Flaky Pudding

I really like this song from The Cleveland Show, especially the "sing like a robot" part:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. Flaky Pudding

Also this classic gem of course:

8. Flaky Pudding

Awh what the heck, why not listen to songs from all 3 Seth MacFarlane shows? I have a feeling WhoseLineFan will like The Brady Bunch reference at 1:15:

9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I love that HTFFan!

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  10. Flaky Pudding

Thank you, :).

11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)

12. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

13. Flaky Pudding

I heard this song when I was little and thought it was just a dumb song that doesn't rhyme. Now I finally get it:

14. Flaky Pudding

15. Flaky Pudding

Since I'm going to be 18 in a few weeks, I'm reliving my childhood with this compilation of 2000s kid show theme songs. I watched most of these. iCarly was the chizz when I was a tween. The Liberty's Kids one still makes me tear up to this day.:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    MikaelaMuppet and JT Yorke like this.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

17. Flaky Pudding

I love that song!

18. Flaky Pudding

The final song from Cartoon Network's MAD that featured plenty of the show's fart, burp, and puke jokes and random acts of cartoon violence over the years even though this song doesn't even scratch the surface:

What I'm wondering is, how come back when I was 14, I didn't like Happy Tree Friends, but I watched this nasty cartoon. The zit scene still makes me cringe;it's WAY worse than anything on HTF. Also at 0:48: Pedo bear on a kid's show, :O.

19. Flaky Pudding

I'm a Christian, but dang, this is SO catchy I can't stop listening:

20. Flaky Pudding

Even though this song was written in 2007 (I believe), it's still even more relevant today. It has a really good meaning about how America is changing, I'd like to see Stan sing it on American Dad. Also, isn't that the same Jesus statue from Animutation?