The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Laurie Anderson, cds "Live in New York" from 2001 and "Homeland". Amazing. Her performance of "O Superman" in NYC right after 9-11 is truly chilling.

Laurie is one of those artists who must be experienced, more than simply listened to. I was lucky enough to be front-row-center for a concert she gave in Richmond over a decade ago, in a very small theatre; just her and her keyboards, and songs mostly from "Bright Red" and "The Ugly One with the Jewels". Amazing, entrancing. Listening to these brought back the absolute spellbound feeling I had that night.

Nick22

Reaction score
"Set Fire to the Rain" - Adele

I just bought her new album "21" from Target, and I'm addicted! :smile:

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
"Turn out my lights," by Justin Townes Earle. But I recommend all of his stuff if you're looking for someone new to listen to.

Puckrox

Reaction score
"Turn It Off" from The Book of Mormon.

Oh goodness. Step aside Spamalot, you've been replaced as my favorite comedic musical. Seriously, this musical is so darn funny.

Kiki

Reaction score
"Set Fire to the Rain" - Adele

I just bought her new album "21" from Target, and I'm addicted! :smile:
Be sure to listen to her debut '19', too! I bought it back in 08 after reading about her in a Q mag and it's really great. :smile:

Nick22

Reaction score
Be sure to listen to her debut '19', too! I bought it back in 08 after reading about her in a Q mag and it's really great. :smile:
I've been thinking about getting that one too. The only song I've heard off of it is "Chasing Pavements" and I love that song.