The Wider Worlds of Jim Henson book available now

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I'm very excited to say that "The Wider Worlds of Jim Henson: Essays on His Work and Legacy Beyond The Muppet Show and Sesame Street" is now available! I'm also very pleased to say that my essay, Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas: The Gift of the Muppets is included. I appreciate the hard work of Jennnifer C. Garlen and Anissa M. Graham, who conceived the book, edited the book for publication and worked with the lot of us as we did our best for muppetkind. If you are interested in a copy of the book, it is available here:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Wider-Worlds-Jim-Henson/dp/0786469862

as well as here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-wider-worlds-of-jim-henson-jennifer-c-garlen/1112345012

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! I knew Arianne (Muppetfan44) was writing an FR essay for this, but an essay on Emmet Otter by Aunt Ru as well? Congratulations on being included in the final edition, it's well deserved by a wonderful writer. :super:

Hubert

Reaction score
So may I ask, is this the book that a while back there was a lot of hub about telling everyone to submit essays to it? I remember something like that...

But regardless, congrats Ru and anyone else who had an essay in here. This definitely looks like a great read.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
So may I ask, is this the book that a while back there was a lot of hub about telling everyone to submit essays to it? I remember something like that...
It WAS. They advertised for people who wanted to write essays and gave us guidelines and parameters for our essays. They were awesome to work with and very (very) patient. I hope they will do another.

I also understand that the book is available in kindle, for those that prefer that. (Gofers, not frogs.) I am enjoying reading everyone else's essays, and I think you guys will, too.

Hubert

Reaction score
Great, sounds like a good read. Will definitely have to get that, and looking forward to read those essays.