The Wishing Song

avishaikaplan

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
This is my first forum message!

In the early Muppet Show, there was a female guest (can't remember her name), that Gonzo thought that she liked him, and in the end, when he found out it wasn't true, he sang this really beautiful and quite depressing song. :concern:

If anyone can tell me anything about both the song and the guest (Youtube video will be just perfect) - I'll be very grateful.

Good day,
Avishai.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The song was caled The Wishing Song, and the guest was Madeline Kahn. This episode appears in the second season, and is currently available on DVD as part of the second season box set.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
It's also one of the tracks on the The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem, and More! - The 25th Anniversary Collection

peyjenk

Reaction score
Yeah, but unfortunately, the track on the CD replaces Madeline Kahn's dialogue with dialogue from some random chicken. Which is absurd, because even in the Muppet universe, chickens don't talk.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Which is absurd, because even in the Muppet universe, chickens don't talk.
Some do. Especially in The Muppet Musicians of Bremen. Other talking chickens include the one at the end of Lullaby of Broadway in the Gilda Radner episode, and Gonzo's dancing partner in the Pearl Bailey episode. I feel like I'm forgetting about one or two.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Oh silly me. I suppose you're right.

But I have to say that I prefer it when they don't talk. When they sing songs with just "bawk-bawk-cluck" it is so much funnier. :big_grin:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Nevertheless, it's still a pretty song, even with the chicken substitue.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Mmmmm....chicken substitute. Is that like tofurky? :hungry:

Hugga Wugga

Reaction score
I wonder if Gonzo was Madeline's favorite Muppet..didn't the guest star sometimes get to request to be in a skit with his/her favorite?