The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We knew this was coming, whether we wanted it or not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A fifth Ice Age movie was announced a couple of years ago: it's clear that BlueSky has surpassed DreamWorks and Shrek with Ice Age - probably like they wanted.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ice Age basically keeps making money because of the foreign market. They still somehow do well here, but they make a fortune overseas. The thing that bugs me is that Blue Sky is capable of making good films here and there. Though to be fair Peanuts was basically written by Schulz's sons and the Schulz estate is hyper protective of their characters. And Robots doesn't deserve the crap it gets. But then you have the overrated Rio and the interminable Ice Ages films, which are just going to be about Manny's kid and her friends now. But I can't complain because I do keep seeing them, but the only reason I bothered with the 4th one was to see the theatrical Simpsons short, and the fact the pirate subplot was kinda intriguing. So yeah, I dug the Simpsons short, I dug the pirates, I dug Sid's insane grandmother, but the high school drama crap about Manny's daughter was garbage. And frankly, after the huge Atlantis/Shangra-La ending for Scrat, it's time to retire the characters and just make another subpar Rio film. I take that back. Nothing. Just nothing.

Well, at least some actual reviews, and not just astroturfed ones, are on IMDB now.

Unfortunately... it will no doubt make back its (ludicrously small) budget.
The film happily opened at just over 6 million and will no doubt disappear further by the end of the week. But considering how cheap it looks, I wouldn't be surprised if that's enough.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
So I found out that Ken Katsumoto was a producer of Norm of the North. Though IMDB doesn't mention it, he was also executive producer of one of Lionsgate's earlier CG efforts, Arthur's Missing Pal. Anyone else remember that?

Richard Rich had a hand in that Arthur movie too as a producer. I don't get why that film's IMDB page doesn't mention them. Was it so awful that they don't want one of the go-to sources of film information to credit them?

Mind you, this was before that CGI wolf movie they were involved with, which is mentioned in their filmographies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think anyone wanted to be involved with ARTHUR'S MISSING PAL - only two of the original voice actors from the series supplied the voices for their respective characters (Bruce Dinsmore as Binky and Daniel Brochu as Buster), but they did so under aliases.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually I remember AMP, I thought is weird how the characters sound.