The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I just watched part of the special you guys mentioned and that was just AWFUL! I can't even believe how bad that was. Besides the voice acting and of course the glaring issue of the script, the animation was completely horrible. And this thing aired on an actual network channel. I didn't know WB was this desperate at the time. It looks more like somebody's terrible cartoon parody from Youtube or a special from TBN, a christian channel that couldn't care less about it's children's programming.

EDIT: I'm surprised more internet reviewers like MrEnter haven't talked about this yet.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
EDIT: I'm surprised more internet reviewers like MrEnter haven't talked about this yet.
It was a piece of "lost media" (missing) for a long time.

Believe or not, this was supposed to be a "franchise".

It's just like someone was learning to use CGI as they created a movie.

Last edited:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Little late to be discussing this, but Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip was terrible. I saw it theatrically, and gave it a pass, but after re-viewing it on DVD, it's just so bad. Better than Chipwrecked (please kill these puns), but still bad. If it was like the first one (which I think is a decent family flick), I wouldn't have minded.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Heck, Cartoon Network had good CGI animation in 2006.

Just look at the fluid animation, especially 1:10-1:11! The part about "being biased" also has some pretty **** good animation.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I just watched part of the special you guys mentioned and that was just AWFUL! I can't even believe how bad that was. Besides the voice acting and of course the glaring issue of the script, the animation was completely horrible. And this thing aired on an actual network channel. I didn't know WB was this desperate at the time. It looks more like somebody's terrible cartoon parody from Youtube or a special from TBN, a christian channel that couldn't care less about it's children's programming.

Someone supposedly did, but they weren't one of the big, sanctioned types. I'd love this to go to Brad Jones on a DVD-R Hades episode or something. Nostalgia Critic, maybe Obscurous Lupa or whatever her name is. JonTron did a good number on "A Talking Cat!?!" and "Skateboard kid." I'm surprised that the fact this didn't blow up online when it was found. I'm sooooooooo sick of the Titanic movie that's actually the "enchanted Tales" knockoff of a much worse Titanic movie that lives in its shadow for some reason. I mean really, sure... Rapping Dog and ripoff of Disney characters vs. batcrap insane movie about a Peter Puppy faced octopus trying to impress violent gang member sharks by throwing an iceburg at a boat...better to go with the more banal of the two I guess.

I tried very hard to pass this off on the host of a Bad Anime panel at a convention, and hopefully he managed to take the recommendation. I did all I could to spread the word of terrible.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Mysterious Mr. Enter just put out a review of Norm of the North, and he had very little kind things to say about it. I'm surprised that, near the beginning, he didn't reference the We Bare Bears episode where the bears are put on their natural diets and Ice Bear bonds with a baby seal that he was supposed to eat. Kind of a missed opportunity there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My only problem with Mr. Enter is that he almost never pauses or takes a beat or anything. Yeah, he'll stop long enough for us to see/hear something key from the movie or show he's reviewing, but I mean as he's reviewing, it's like he just keeps talking in run-on sentences without stopping. Even Doug Walker says that even reviews need pacing just as much as something that you're actually watching. I remember watching Mr. Enter's review of GLENN MARTIN, D.D.S., and complaining that the laugh track that was used in earlier episodes never shut up, but it's like he never shut up during his review.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
My only problem with Mr. Enter is that he almost never pauses or takes a beat or anything. Yeah, he'll stop long enough for us to see/hear something key from the movie or show he's reviewing, but I mean as he's reviewing, it's like he just keeps talking in run-on sentences without stopping. Even Doug Walker says that even reviews need pacing just as much as something that you're actually watching. I remember watching Mr. Enter's review of GLENN MARTIN, D.D.S., and complaining that the laugh track that was used in earlier episodes never shut up, but it's like he never shut up during his review.
This is nothing compared to Caddicarus' Current Quickies.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This is nothing compared to Caddicarus' Current Quickies.
At least the POINT of them is to review something as fast as possible :stick_out_tongue:

While I do watch Mr Enter's videos, I think his problem is that he kinda chooses insignificant things to harp on and on about, rather than some of the larger, glaring issues. He's very...nitpicky...

Also why does everyone complain about the animation quality in Norm of the North? The animation itself is a lot better than most movies made to entertain kids for 2 hours. It's at least fluid and not stilted and choppy. The character designs could be better, but I mean...Norm is cute at least.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also why does everyone complain about the animation quality in Norm of the North? The animation itself is a lot better than most movies made to entertain kids for 2 hours. It's at least fluid and not stilted and choppy. The character designs could be better, but I mean...Norm is cute at least.
The animation is crappy for a theatrical release, but compared to other DTV releases (as this thing was intended to be), it's Pixar caliber. And they seem to utilizing rubber hose animation a la Sony Animation's stuff, though it doesn't look as refined here.