1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The "You know what?" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Aug 22, 2013.

1. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

So, I guess we all could put our sudden realizations here.

Mine:

They say the early bird gets the worm, but...
    Slow and steady wins the race...
    :/

ElizaSchuyler and ShanaynayXD like this.
  2. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

The Lion King is nearly two decades old...that was kind of a disturbing realization.

3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

90s bands are starting to be considered Classic Rock. Makes me feel old.

ShanaynayXD and miss kermie like this.
  4. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Me too! I am now 21 and I am not as young as I used to be.

5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I heard Creed once on my area's "classic/hard rock" station and wanted to drive my car into the nearest telephone pole. Creed is not a band that anyone should have to listen to anymore.

StevieOpossum likes this.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

If nerds are so smart, why can't they figure out a way to avoid getting bullied?

7. StevieOpossum

Why do you bake cookies but cook bacon?

8. minor muppetz

I already said this in the "you ever notice... and what's the deal?" thread, but I think it should be said here.

In the song 1985, they say that the woman's "two kids, in high school, tell her that she's uncool, 'cause she's still preoccupied with 1985". But at the time the song came out, wasn't 1980s nostalgia considered cool by then? Why would high school students find someone obsesses with the 1980s uncool?

ShanaynayXD likes this.
  9. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

In Disney World, just about every character has someome representing them in a walkaround costume- Mickey, Goofy, Buzz Lightyear, etc., even Mater. But no Bambi.

10. StevieOpossum

I always thought the kids thought she was uncool because she was really obsessing over the '80s and is living in the past too much, similar to Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite.

ShanaynayXD likes this.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Why is this turning into yet another questions about anything thread?

12. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I think people are missing the point of this thread.

You know what? It's before midnight and I'm going to sleep.

miss kermie likes this.
  13. StevieOpossum

I think this thread is for strange realizations you just had, like the "Sudden Clarity Clarence" meme.

miss kermie likes this.
  14. D'Snowth

Well guess what?

CHICKEN BUTT!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

15. D'Snowth

But seriously, re-reading Jaz's original post, if this thread is for our sudden realizations, I think that's pretty much what I started the "Learn Something New Everyday" thread for.

16. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

On August 1, 1981, MTV was launched with the Buggles' "Video Killed the Radio Star" as its first music video.

Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" video would give birth to the "I Want My MTV" catchphrase.

By the mid-1990's, MTV would jump the shark and be a shadow of its former self, and one could even say that "reality killed the video star"......

Nowadays, it seems like more people would probably watch music videos on the Internet and/or their mobile media devices.....

ShanaynayXD and heralde like this.
  17. StevieOpossum

18. minor muppetz

I remember reading a long time ago, I think the website was called Disney Ever Notice?, that the only characters from The Lion King to have walk-around versions are Timon and Rafiki (really? he's one of my least-favorite characters from the movie) because they are the only ones who walk on two legs, but that doesn't stop them from having walk-arounds of Pluto or Eeyore.

ShanaynayXD likes this.
  19. StevieOpossum

Hershey Kisses are just large chocolate chips.

20. minor muppetz

Weird Al Yankovic's "Al-TV" specials introduced the world to Harvey the Wonder Hamster, as well as the "Harvey the Wonder Hamster" song (not sure which one introduced the song... I've been watching some of the early ones on YouTube and the song wasn't featured). Alapalooza is the album that features the song. And Alapalooza is one of Weird Al's few albums to NOT get promoted with an AL-TV special.