There WILL Be a "Simpsons" Sequel!

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, it does seem awfully early to be planning a sequel already. It'll be interesting to see how it works out!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The stories that they have for next season(saw it on Wiki) look very interesting. The mistake that they made was relying too much on the guest stars playing themselves. That's when they jumped the shark in my opinion. The musical parodies are becoming a little too much too. But I WILL see the movie. I guarantee it.
I have given up on complaining about celebrity voice acting a while back. It got way too out of hand, and it really dates the show. But what I can't stand are the multiple musical montages per episode. It's just a lazy way to make dumb jokes while explaining the plot.

I feel almost that the writers don't want to write, and they're just killing time and building experiance so they can write a horrible screen play no one will make into a movie.

All the best people involved with the Simpsons, Brad Bird, Conan O' Brien, Greg Daniels... they all left the show a long time ago to do bigger and better things. There is one writer from the old days, though... he wrote the one where Lisa was going anorrexic, which i felt was pretty well done.

The one thing that bugs me is that they don't do research into a vauge continuity. Several times they reffered to Grampa Simpson as Grampa... to make the stupid joke that his first name really is Grampa (ever since he was a kid) dispite any yellow blooded Simpson fan can tell you it's Abraham J. Simpson.

I do think this last season, the episodes were a huge improvement (And I like how Maurice LaMarche is a semi regular now). Especially the last one where they bit the hand that fed them for the hundredth time...