1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

There's a New frog Hopping into ScrapsTV Studios

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Frogpuppeteer, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Im building a new frog and love intrest for Freddy J frog...what do you guys think her design is based off a strawberry frog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the completed puppet! :D
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  3. Frogpuppeteer

THANKS! same here i love how its coming along
    the way its going it will prob be by tuesday .....im kinda on a roll with it and havent been able to stop
  4. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I am so jealous.. love performing but never quite got the hang of building puppets. It looks awesome so far. Looking forward to your first video with this one. Love the teaser image you did with the feet.
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

She's looking nice so far Julio. Can't wait to see her finished and in the videos.
  6. D'Snowth

I'm the same way as you guys, when I start on something, I get into such a groove that I find myself having a hard time stopping (though at the same time, puppet construction is a surprisingly draining process); however I too am not necessarily great at building the puppets as I am designing and ultimately performing them, lol.

So Julio, does this strawberry frog puppet have a name? Maybe when she's completed, she and Freddy, and Steve and Bethany could double-date sometime. :p
  7. Frogpuppeteer

more process pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

Just noticing, are you making her out of felt or fleece? The fabric on the hands looks feltish.
  9. Frogpuppeteer

as of right now she has no name..ive been calling her Strawberry this whole time...ill talk to freddy and her i think they know i little bistro down the street that would all enjoy

its all fleece...but it is 2 different ones...the red is anti pill while the blue is blizzard...i liked the shades but only found them in different fleece styles
  10. Melonpool

Melonpool Member

How did you cut out the white pupil? Did you use one of those paper punches they sell at Michael's?
  11. Frogpuppeteer

funny story that was the hardest part...even finding sticker paper proved the be almost impossible..i actually have a lady friend,actually building it for her, who has earing that size and traced it then cut it out for me, she has a much steadier hand than i do...she has a zero gauge plug that was the perfect size...hole puncher ended up being to small
  12. Frogpuppeteer

final pics...sorta im going to add some designs to her back and front

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit

Very nice, loving the spots.
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Well she is done...hard work but she is finished and i really love how she came out...right now i just need a name...im holding a scrapstv contest to try and find it out..let me know what you guys think

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here she is with the J frog
    [​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

Very nice. She's so cute with Freddy. Where are you holoding the contest?
  16. D'Snowth

Fantastic Julio, she turned out great! I'm curious, I see you have something in her wrists to insert the rods into, what are they, and how do they keep the rods in place and such?

As for the name, the first thing that came to my mind was "Cherry", which may or may not be a good idea, considering she's a strawberry frog, and naming her "Cherry" might be confusing... another idea I had was "Ruby".
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  17. Frogpuppeteer

its basically really small plastic tubing ( ill take a close up pic of it tonight and post it) its glued between 2 foam pieces and the arm rod twists in and out
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

19. Gonzo's Hobbit

For some reason I keep thinking of Tanya or Tasha as names.
  20. Frogpuppeteer

Gonzo's Hobbit likes this.