They've only Got One Another: A Muppet Christmas Story

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Oh and p.s.....*Stomps and Clpas like a maniac, also throws in some whistles* Oh yeah, I'm still in class. *Looks around sheepishly* Sorry Mrs. Haslam, please continue with your lesson....:big_grin:

We Got Us

Reaction score
ok, my turn. >face palm< Why do I never notice these chapters?! :embarrassed:Any hoo. THIS IS FANTAAAAASTIIIIC!!! :big_grin:I had my first kiss, on screen too! btw was the mayor suppo'd to be our beloved Bo? :oops:It fits him (thats a compliment) and I especially teared up at the end when I read about Mr. Jim....perfectly done. Oh! And Newsie...awsome right there. 'nuff said. I can't wait for the post card! I drew a picture of you and Scooter as muppets and as humans. Though I'm not quite happy with the look of the latter...But both are cute! Now I must finish with my own story, then off to bed with me. I'm sick. Again. bleh:stick_out_tongue:
Thank you, darling Figgie!! So....what I meant was, um, I BOUGHT the postcard, and I um...haven't really...sent it yet....um...when you get the chance, shoot me your address to my email again, will you? :wink: Now, in Animal's voice: WANT PICTURE!! WANT PICTURE!!! WANT PICTURE!!!! Oh your poor Mrs. Haslam. She should get together with my poor Mr. Bird and discuss the trials of teaching a Muppet-maniac.....

We Got Us

Reaction score
And oh yes...I hadn't even thought about Bo as the Mayor...not sure I feel confident enough to write Muppet central peoples as characters yet....
Alice: "Um...I beg to differ."
Me: "Well, you know, that's...different..."
Alice: "Why? Are you saying you don't admire Figgie as much as everyone else?"
Me: "No! I guess it's just because..."
Lonnie: "She started it!" :big_grin::wink:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
We Got Us said:
And oh yes...I hadn't even thought about Bo as the Mayor...not sure I feel confident enough to write Muppet central peoples as characters yet....
Ah, yes... <rocking in a creaky old rocking chair> I remember my first time writing Muppet Central folks as characters, when I was your age... Why, that was back in the fall of 2005, I believe. You know, I think Beau was my first, too... well, technically Prawnie, but they were in the same scene... And you know, that was even before we started talking on MSN. I haven't the faintest idea how I got to figure out their voices, but neither of 'em complained I got 'em wrong, so I suppose I did alright. But, then, we didn't quite know each other well enough yet for them to criticize... or, no, I think we did, because I do think that was after Prawnie and I decided to try to write a story together... Oh, that didn't work out too well in the end, but goodness knows it was fun to try! <takes out knitting needles and some yarn> Ah, those were the days... Now, where did I put my pills? Sonny, did you see where I put my pills down? I could'a sworn I had 'em right here in my hand, and then I... where'd my reading glasses go?

...<cough> Erm, that is... yes. You make me feel old, Wiggie, but I love ya anyway. :wink: (Though I may love you more if you replied to the last chapter of A Cup of Kindness... <cough> :shifty: <scurries away>)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... Now where d'ya think ol' Granny Lisa was scurrying off to? Couldn't be that rock she hides under, it'd crush her to death.
*Disappears back down the dimensional hole.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Ozymandias, Count, and Bo: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! >looks forward to coherent Ozy review<
*runs through the doorway* I AM HERE, AND I AM...er...coherant. I think.
:wink:: Coherant might be a bit of a stretch there Ozy...
Me: Quiet, you. :stick_out_tongue: I had to act like an adult today and get college setup stuff done (as I go back to Ye Local College tomorrow), but now I'm here and can be wacky, loves We Got Us' fics Ozy again! :big_grin:

Anyways, here we go, the review of the last chapter, piece by piece. First off, let me say how amazing it was to hear (er, read) Oh Holy Night being sung, as that is one of my favorite Christmas carols! :smile: The hoboes seem to be a nice lot too. I love how everybody slowly but surely shows up, supporting Kermit even though they could've had other places to go to for Christmas. That's family, right there. Nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

Oh, and this bit.

The newsman took a deep breathe. He had a terrible suspicion their was something illegal about what he was about to do. Oh well. He hopped out in front of the camera just as she was signing off. "This is a Muppet Newsflash!"
GO NEWSIE GO NEWSIE GO NEWSIE! *waves Newsman pompoms for that Crowning Moment of Awesome*

I was listening to "It's in Every One of Us" while reading through this just now, and everything moved flawlessly. :big_grin: Just, ahhh. Crowd songs. :'D I love how everything else just skyrocketed from there, with all of the cheering people and the Mayor and the bit with Scooter and Kermit talking about his Uncle afterwards--genius!
Apparently her clients discovered...some of Bunsen and Beakers old experiments in some closet downstairs and beat a hasty retreat.
I LOLed. Hard. It's nice that you didn't say what those experiments were and just left the implications to the reader's imagination. :laugh:

In short, I loved all of it, especially the ending where it finished off with "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." :smile: Wonderful!

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oh thank you Ozy! That is my second fave carol--(my first is 'We Three Kings of Orient'). I'm so glad you liked it! It's great to have such an amazing writer enjoying my story! >shamelessly begs for more 'Voiceless'<
Lisa: >giggle< Wait...Cup of Kindness? I thought I...:eek: LAST CHAPTER?! >kicks herself in the head< How did I not see that?! I moan and beg for forgiveness...
Bo: >Taps foot, cocks head with big eyes and expectant smile< >Waits patiently for long review<

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
So, what shall our new favorite author write next? *Wiggles eyebrows* Hurry up Bo!! :batty: Also I'm watching the Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland. I love that show!:big_grin: Oh! And I'll send you my address! Scooter awaits.:wink:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
I'm glad I finally got around to reading this! How perfectly Christmasy and perfectly Muppety! Faves:

-- no one actually leaving, and all rallying in the park
-- Gonzo offended at the suggestion he fly INSIDE the plane
-- Kermit et al showing no judgment to the homeless folk -- and vice versa
-- a sweet budding romance for a couple of cute Whatnots
-- of course: Newsie doing his best to pitch in, regardless of the cost to his noggin!

Much fun to read, We Got Us. Thank you! :news:

-----------------------

We Got Us

Reaction score
Wowzers! I'd given up on getting your review. By-the-way, you should know I've been a Newsmanfan since birth. As a tiny-tot I used to cry whenever bad things happened to him. :embarrassed: So very glad you enjoyed the story, I plan on writing a few more in the future...anyway, I've enjoyed several of yours! Thanks for reading!