This Frog vs. My Pollywog Ways

Oscarfan

Reaction score
SW has the rights to use Kermit in any old material. They'd need permission to use him in new material (such as being on the cover of the Silly Storytime DVD).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now, with SST currently doing science curriculums, I would have to say that "My Polliwog Ways" would fit right in with the show now... if Disney might allow the rights.
As Oscarfan said, there'd be no problem with Sesame Workshop airing the segment, though it's been years since anything from the 1970s was shown in a new episode. But I wonder if fans would see it as blasphemy if they made a new version sung by a different frog character.

dwmckim

Reaction score
As Oscarfan said, there'd be no problem with Sesame Workshop airing the segment, though it's been years since anything from the 1970s was shown in a new episode. But I wonder if fans would see it as blasphemy if they made a new version sung by a different frog character.
If they reshot it with another Muppet frog, yeah - the boards would go crazy. But i could see them doing a new version of the song with animation.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That didn't occur to me, but that's probably how a remake would be.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If they did that, I'd direct my kids to the Web for the original version. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking some more about how fans would think if a new version of My Pollywog Ways (or This Frog, though it hadn't been brought up) were recorded with a different frog (Muppet or otherwise), I wonder what the fan reaction would be if Sesame Street introduced a new frog character, basically a replacement for Kermit. I know there's that nameless small frog that's been on Sesame Street, and it seems there's been a more realistic frog puppet at times (in You're Alive and I think African Alphabet), in adddition to various anything muppets dressed as frogs... But if they created a new Muppet frog for the show, I wonder how we'd all feel (it might not be a big deal to the kids, especially if they're not aware of Kermit having been a regular part of the show).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Maybe if they used Robin on Sesame Street- that could be neat.:smile: