This new format S*X

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good analysis Juliette. By the way, I added your Web site to our links page. Looking forward to future updates. It's a very ambitious project.

Here's one theory that I've always tried to point out when people request "classic Sesame Street". For many, classic Sesame is the way Sesame Street was for them when they were very little. Whether that was 1970, 1975, 1985, or 1995. We all love the early memories of what things were like when we were young.

I have a 7 year-old niece and a few years ago we'd regularly watch "new Sesame Street" and "old Sesame Street". She'd always prefer the new, hands down. It's us adults who long for the good old days because they are associated with our memories and how we learned at the time.

As devoted fans the classic and now rare Muppet moments are timeless to all of us.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, that a condenced street episode has it's advantages:

1) They don't unnecisarrily lenghten the plot.

2) No real scarey surprises for little kids (a lot of old episodes have sketches that can scare kids)

3) All the plot at once without interruptions, so you don't have to watch the whole episode

4) A boring or unwatchable episode lasts only 16 minutes

As well as it's disadvantages

1) short segments lose their "commercial quality"

2) Good episodes end shorter

3) Less fun, and less suspence

4) leaves time for Hero Guy and dreadfful Monster Clubhouse segments

I can't really decide now, though!

juliette

Reaction score
I wanted to add that the Cookie Letter of the Day may become one of my favorite parts of Sesame Street, ever, and that started THIS season. The premise is predictable, but like Pinky and the Brain, the execution is so entertaining that it doesn't matter. If you haven't seen any new episodes, they're worth it just for Cookie Monster (the segment airs around 25-35 minutes into the episode).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know, this is just my opinion, but I'd rather be scared by short skits than be incredibly bored and uninspired by longer ones :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Herald7
I don't know, this is just my opinion, but I'd rather be scared by short skits than be incredibly bored and uninspired by longer ones
AHMEN!!!!!

I used to jump five feet in the air when scarey skits came on... I relise that was most of the fun!

NUMBER PINBALL!!! YEEEEEAAAAARGHH!!

RED HOT I!! YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!

SCARY SCARY SCARY!!!! NYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!