This reminds me when Elmo

King Jim

Reaction score
I remember when Elmo was a background character on sesame street. But now he's the main character. Sesame Street is mostly the Elmo show now. Vic Romano even made a thing about it on Deviant art. What do you guys think?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Caroll Spinney said it best when he said Elmo is like the "cute new little brother": everybody always pays a little extra attention to the "little brother", and a sense Elmo IS like the kid brother: Big Bird was like the "only child" on the show before Elmo became the "new little brother". Now we've got people worried that Abby Cadabby's going to be the new Elmo and "take over" like Elmo "did".

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I had nothing against Elmo when he was the little brother trying to be like all the 'older' characters; he was very endearing that way. It's just that now with the way things are there are no more 'older brothers.' It's like the kids are running the house.

Viper

Reaction score
Elmo is such a large part of the brand (now) that I hardly get a chance to add other characters to anything I design for Sesame Place. When I do try to put other characters into a layout as the main image, there is often client feedback to take them out and put in Elmo.

Granted at least at Sesame Place, the last 2 years have been promoting the new Elmo's World section of the park. I still try to get get some variety into the work but sometimes seems like the feed back is always more Elmo.

It used to be Elmo and Zoe a few years ago, and now its elmo and Abby. I guess we can wait to see what happens. I personally would like to see more Grover, and Super Grover.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just think it's rarely a good idea to focus so much on one character. If public opinion suddenly shifts, as it often does, you're stuck.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wish you could use more rover, too. Maybe it you gave them what they wanted, maybe, just maybe you could sneak in other characters in there, but it sure doesn't sound easy, though.:smirk:

But I'm glad they choose to give Grover his own balloon the the Thanksgiving parade, though!:big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It really surprised me too that he was chosen, too! I can't think of a Muppet more deserving of that honer then Grover is. He has worked over time on the street, hehe!:smile: