This thread has brought to you by the letter V!

mikealan

Reaction score
Hey there, fellas! Hope you enjoy this wonderful "V" thread! I've got so many memories that are sponsored by the letter "V" (which I saw them as a little kid and today.) Now here they are...

The animated segment where the "V" flies in space as a lady's voice echoes "v...v...v..." then it flies fast to the planet as the voice yelled "V!!!!!!!" Afterwards, the "V" lands on the planet as the voice says "V". I remember seeing that when I was a preschooler at Little Village school and I saw it again as a teenager when I watched Sesame Street Unpaved at the Museum of Television & Radio last Tuesday.

V-Violin: a very short "V" segment where the musician breaks the violin! Saw that for the first time on Unpaved.

The "V" segment with the words I remembered are violin, valentine, vulture and volcano.

V-Volcano: It starts where the red "V" is on the black screen as the man's voice said, "V" Then it fades to a mountain as the "v" in smoke pops out as the man's voice said the V sound (but not the letter.) Afterwards lava suddenly pops out of the mountain as the voice yelled "VOLLLLCANOOOOOOOO!" Then it fades back to the red "V" as the voice said "V"

The animated segment with Va-Va-room van

The animated segment where a little girl named Violet planted a v-vine. As she climbed up the vine, she took a vacation!

Big Bird singing a very, very, very silly "V" song called "Very, Very, Very Special Letter" from the album "Sesame Street: Sing the Alphabet" (I only heard it on Sesame Street Radio at sesame street.com!)

And, of course, the short classic cartoon with the FBI guy and the villain (which I saw it on the video "Learning About Letters"). It starts with a small "v" as the FBI's voice says, "V" then it goes like this:

FBI GUY IN GREEN SUIT AND SUNGLASSES:
This is a vase
That I'll put it in this vat
Away from the villain in the panama hat.
(He walks off-stage. The villain, of course, arrives next)

VILLAIN IN THE PANAMA HAT:
I am the villain in the panama hat
And I'm here for that vase
That's there in this vat!
Heh, heh, heh, heh.
I will fill it in with vinegar
And throw in some varnish
And top of all that with some violets in garnish
Heh, heh, heh, heh!
And now I will slid it here under my vest!
(As he opens his vest, the little FBI guy pops out!)

FBI GUY IN GREEN SUIT AND SUNGLASSES:
Oh no you don't, villain!
You're now under arrest!
(As handcuffs given, the villain frowns and the FBI guy smiles!)
(The "v" is shown again)
V!

These are my memories that are sponsored by the letter V!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What about these:
1 The animated segment where a V is growing on a tree, gets swept by the wind out to sea, and then splashed by a wave landing on a man's knee.
2 The animated segment where a lower-case v is prancing about and eats up some vitamins, giving it vigor and vim until it plunges off a cliff.
I'll have to see some more episodes to get a few more V-memories.

mikealan

Reaction score
Thank you for the v memories you remembered. If anyone can remember any other v segments please let me know. I hope you remember other muppet, animated, or live skit that has been sponsered by the letter V. Thank you.:

Drtooth

Reaction score
My thoughts

I loved Villain in the Panama hat. It was used once this season. Man, I miss the classic animations.

Very Special letter is a fun song, but sometimes the repetition of Very Very very very in classic Big Bird voice is suffice to make one MAD!!!! But I love this song all the same

Want to hear a V (or in that case any letter) segent I hate? There are these annoying one they started showing this year in which kids make letter shapes lying on the floor (note. This is NOT the one with Maria's voice over.) and all the sudden these women (and a man doing a very bad bass voice) sing

V..V..Veeeeeeeeee

De lettah V

V V the letter V

De letta V

V V the letter V

Vah vah vah vah vah vah vah vah

De lettah V!!!

GzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzttttKKKK!!!!

Sorry! That sketch is so borring it put me to sleep!

mikealan

Reaction score
One of typewriter segments I remembered for this "V" thread was "V-Vacuum". The vacuum sucks up the typewriter's paper as he tries to type "V". He keeps trying until he finally types "V, vacuum". Afterwards, the vacuum sucks the whole typewriter!

ssetta

Reaction score
I remember an animation with a "V" vine that growed with lots of V words. At the top of the vine, there was a railroad station, so she got on a train, and took a vacation.

A kid in the park lost his V, and he asks someone to help him find it. He describes it to him, and sees a whole bunch of Vs in the fence. But it will be impossible to find, but then when he calls his V, it comes right over to him. "That's Vvvvvery strange."

mikealan

Reaction score
As I watched 123 Sesame Street, here are a few V segments.

1) A cartoon segment where the "V" is blown off the tree, then on the sea and on the man's knee
2) A song about the letter V that took place in a live-action park where V's fly around. In fact, I remembered seeing the "I" and "R" versions on Season 30 and the number "12" version of it is shown, too!