Threadless Sesame Street T-Shirt Design Challenge

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sesame Street artists get ready! Threadless has begun a Sesame Street t-shirt challenge. Entries can be submitted from now until May 3, 2012.

About The Challenge

Today’s design challenge is brought to you by the letter S! Threadless is teaming up with the most famous street in the world for a design challenge with our googly-eyed friends. From tiny worms to giant pachyderms, each and every character has kept learning fun for more than 40 years. There are always songs to sing, people in the neighborhood to meet, and 123s and ABCs to learn on Sesame Street.

Now you have the opportunity to use your favorite Sesame Street characters in a design that will be sold on Threadless! Create a design inspired by the Sesame Street mission of creating innovative and engaging content, and use anything or anyone from 123 Sesame Street. So pick up your feet, follow your beak, and get designing!

View all the Sesame Street designs that have been submitted.

If you plan on submitting an entry, please like this post! Reply here once your entry is officially listed and tell us all about it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The worst part is, I've always had more ideas for Sesame Street T-Shirts than Muppet Show ones. I have to sit this one out, not due to an inferiority complex, but that I do not have quality equipment to fully realize a quality rendering. I can do something that looks good, sure... but it's going to lose a lot in translation when it's pixilated, due to my inability to do anything vector based.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm lovin' alot of these designs. I'm surprised (and enthralled) that someone actually made one from "I Wonder" (though, I don't think it gets originality points for tracing Ernie's pose from it exactly).

I especially like the ones based on Ernie, Bert and the Count's outfits. Why haven't they done that before?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd consider submitting this:

http://simanettefan.deviantart.com/art/Friends-of-SST-T-Shirt-Design-203154562

And even though I doubt I'd win in any place, the prizes they do have to offer are basically things I already have, just without the special autographs (I have each of the books they're offering, I'm not sure I would want a gift card to buy $250 dollars worth of t-shirts... but I sure would like $2,000.

chris brake

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name's Chris and I'm an illustrator. I've just submitted a big bird t-shirt to the Threadless competition and it would be great if I could get your support by leaving some comments.

Just so you know, I have Jim Henson's autograph sitting on my desk as one of my inspirations to work hard so this was a real labour of love as my own tribute to the man. Hope you like what I've done :smile:

http://atrium.threadless.com/sesamestreet/submission/never-refer-to-me-as-an-item-im-a-bird/

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I was planning to enter this, but now I don't think I'll get to. I just haven't had time to work on an entry.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate to say it... but I think This one deserves the win for it's pure cleverness and truth.