Time-Life released Sesame Street videos???

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I was at Goodwill and found a copy of Getting Ready for School. And I was surprised to see the Time-Life Video logo on the sides of the box. I had no idea that Time-Life released Sesame Street videos, particularly those that were sold in stores.

Aside from the Time-Life logo on the sides there's nothing on the packaging that I wouldn't expect to see on a My Sesame Street Home Video release. This is a version of the packaging with an illustrated Big Bird holding the picture image, and the videos listed on the back are in a "box" (as opposed to them all listed down). All of the "My Sesame Street Home Video" titles from the 1980s are listed, and the video even has the Random House Home Video logo as well as the My Sesame Street Home Video logo. The video doesn't include any special "Time-Life Video" sequences (just the usual production logo sequences from other Random House releases), no special promo for the video. I assume Time-Life released the others, but I don't know for sure. I don't know why Time-Life had to release (rerelease?) it. I know that in the early 1990s Time-Life reissued a number of existing Looney Tunes VHS tapes, but those had packaging differences.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I have a real feeling that the others got released (or rereleased) by Time-Life, as well. Earlier today, I was at a thrift store with my mom, and I found a copy of "Count it Higher", which did contain the Time-Life logo on the sides of the box. This was the version you described (with Big Bird holding the picture image, and the videos listed on the back in a box).

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Never seen one of these before but they are very interesting to look at. Right?