Tips on hand and animation puppets

tinfoilspider

Reaction score
hey!

i make hand and animation puppets.im really interested in puppetry but live in wales and we dont really have much going on here. Iv jus become a freelance modelmaker. if anyone has any tips theyd like to pass on id find them really helpful. Fanx!! :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum tinfoilspider! You may want to contact the British Puppet & Model Theatre guild. They are the leading puppetry organization in the UK I believe and you could probably network with others through them. There are tons of puppetry resources in England, but you have to know where to look. The BPMTG have a website at http://www.puppetguild.org.uk/

Also FYI, Aardman Animations in Bristol is often looking for modelmakers and stop-motion puppet builders when they get busy...have you ever applied for a job with them? I think they are just looking for CGI people right now, but they are one of the biggest employers of puppet/model makers in the UK when they are in production on stop motion projects.

tinfoilspider

Reaction score
Im keeping in touch with the companies over here, but as usual stop motion model making jobs are a bit hard to find.im just about to send some images of my work to some companies and ill see wot happens from there.

Thanx for the link to the puppet site.will be really handy! :smile:

tin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Welcome to MC! I hope we can see pics sometime of your work!