TMS-guest starring Bowzer-Season 3

Katzi428

Reaction score
(OK....for those of you who DON'T know who Bowzer is,he's an oldies singer with a deep voice who was in a group called Sha Na Na.He's a tough sort of guy,with slicked back hair & dressed in black,often weraring a black leather jacket w/emblems on thembut also plays classical piano,which I'll add towards the end.Also,a "bowzer" is another name for a dog.
This is all just a start.Give me your opinions so far,whether they be good or bad.)

*knock on door*
Scooter:Bowzer? 15 seconds to curtain,Bowzer!
Bowzer:Hey thanks Scooter. Got a question though. What's with all the dog bones?
Scooter:Oh...they're from all the dogs around here. I guess they didn't know you're human.
Bowzer: *looking at the camera* Well at least I wasn't given a fire hydrant as a bathroom.
After theme song,Gonzo tries to blow a note through his trumpet,but bubble gum comes out , causing a bubble to pop on him.
Gonzo: YUK!

Kermit:Thank you..thank you!Hi-Ho and welcome to what we hope will be an enjoyable night for you on The Muppet Show!

Statler:Is it ever?

Kermit:*looking up at the balcony*:Well why do you guys come if you don't enjoy it?

Waldorf:Oh,we enjoy it.

Statler:Yeah...the ending: Doh-ho ho!

Kermit scrunches up his face:Yeesh. Anyway tonight we have a very multi talented guest star. His name's Bowzer,but he is not...I repeat NOT a dog!

:several dogs grumble and leave the theater:

Kermit:Can't please everyone,I guess.

Janice,Annie Sue and Miss Piggy sing "Stop In The Name Of Love" At the end,Piggy ad
libs,"And if you DO break my heart ,Frog,I'll break every bone in your body!"

Bowzer & Robin :"Mr. Bassman" Robin starts out trying to sing really low.: Oh..I'll NEVER get it!

Bowzer comes onstage:Hey Robin...what's the matter?You look kinda down.

Robin:Oh hi Bowzer...yeah,I am. I'll never be able to sing as low as you

Bowzer: Well you won't sound like a young frog forever.Your voice will change like your Uncle Kermit's.Think I had a deep voice like this my whole life?

Robin:Well...no.

Bowzer:OK then (and they start "Mr.Bassman")

UK Song:"Swingin' On A Star" A male AM Muppet is swinging on a metal star in a dark blue background

Swedish Chef skit: Gooey Butter Cake- in the middle of making it,the gooey mix gets all over the chef & he panics!

Backstage:Gonzo STILL has bubblegum on him & between the gum,& the Gooey Butter Cake mix Gonzo & the Swedish Chef get stuck together!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good start. Would recommend you space your sentences though.See what I mean right here?
Also, take a look back through some of Gorgon Heap's outlines... They could probably help you develop the dialogue a bit better to make it feel more complete.

Hope this helps purrk you up Kath.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Kathy! That's great! I loved the opening and the running gag about Bowzer not being a dog, that's funny! I am so glad you're working on this, it's really great!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Kathy, I think it is brilliant so far; you have absolutely nothing to worry about! This is your first one, am I right? I don't remember seeing your name on one of these before.
Just one little bit of knitpicking advice. The UK spot you said was an AM. Actually, the AMs were on Sesame Street, and whatnots were their TMS equivolent. Not sure if there was any real difference between them, but that's not for me to make the judgement on. Can't wait to read the rest of it!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Part 2

The Swedish Chef is cursing (or what seems to be cursing) in Mock Swedish.

Kermit*yelling*: CHEF! Take it easy huh?

Gonzo:Yeah...think of how I feel! Kermit...ya gotta get us apart!

Kermit:OK...don't panic..we'll figure something out.Yeesh...what a night for this to happen.

Enter Bowzer from his dressing room

Bowzer:Hey...what's going on?

Commotion from all the Muppets trying to get them apart

Bowzer:Um...hello?

MORE commotion

FINALLY Bowzer cups his hands around his mouth:WHAT THE HEY IS GOING ON??!!

Kermit*shaking head*:Oh...Gonzo got bubble gum stuck to himself before & the Chef got this gooky cake mixture stuck on him,and now we can't get them unstuck.

Bowzer:Kind of a sticky situation,huh?

He gets a glare from Gonzo and the Swedish Chef

Bowzer:Sorry.OK...you and you..:he gestures toward Gonzo and The Swedish Chef: c'mere. :he fishes a tube of hair grease from his pocket:

Gonzo:This won't hurt,will it?

Bowzer:No

Swedish Chef is mumbling under his breath

Bowzer to Kermit:Hey..he does understand English doesn't he?

Kermit:Only when he wants to,I think.

Bowzer:An' you...hook nose...

Gonzo:That's Gonzo! And yes I understand English.

Bowzer:All right!Gonzo.You an' da Chef.I'm gonna put some of dis grease on youse. Now when I say tree (he pronounces "three" like "tree" since he has a Brooklyn accent) youse pull apart.

Chef:Tree?Leek-a da oak tree

Bowzer:No...like these fingers holds up three fingers.

Chef:Ooohh..Okeedokee!

Bowzer putting grease on them: All right...now...One...Two....Tree! Go ahead!

They pull apart and the Swedish Chef goes flying into the canteen and Gonzo goes flying into the balcony

G:Sorry guys...just dropping in.

S & W shake their heads

Everyone cheers and Bowzer does his pose that he's known for (flexing bicep on right arm & opening his mouth really wide)

Some of the Muppet girls swoon & flock to Bowzer's side

Bowzer bowing :Thank youse...thank youse. I need to go rehearse my next act.

Kermit:Whew! Now we can get things back in order.

Bowzer's in his dressing room ,practicing some classical music when Rowlf knocks at the door:Hey Bowzer?

Bowzer:Yeah...door's open.

Rowlf comes in :Hiya...I'm Rowlf the Dog.

Bowzer*rolls his eyes*: All right...this is getting a little old. Look,Rowlf,as you can see...I'm not a dog even though I have the nickname Bowzer. Here...want a bone?

Rowlf looking kind of hurt : Oh I know you're not a dog. It's just that I've seen you perform piano before & you're great! I play the piano too!

Bowzer:You do?Wow!

Rowlf:Well...see ya around. he turns around to leave but Bowzer stops him

Bowzer:Hey Rowlf...come back,buddy!

Rowlf comes back:Yeah?

Bowzer:I'm sorry I got all annoyed and everything.It's just that with all the doggie treats I got,I thought that you were here to add an extra one.

Rowlf:I eat regular people food.then lowers his voice:Except for the Swedish Chef's cooking!

Bowzer:That bad,huh?

Rowlf:Let's just say that it's not fit for a dog!

*The two share a good laugh*

FINALE:

Kermit:Just to show our guest star doesn't always have a crazy side,he's here on piano.From what he's told me he studied piano at the Juilliard School of Music at the tender age of seven on.Ladies and gentlemen,here's Bowzer with "Bumble Boogie!"YAAAYYYY*waves arms*

Bowzer comes out in a suit,hair ungreased...takes a bow & begins playing

Kermit: Well...that's our show for tonight,but before we go ,let's give a warm thank you to our guest star,Bowzer!! YAAAYYY!

Bowzer comes out with his hair re greased & his black greaser outfit on

Bowzer: Thanks a lot for having me here Kermit.It's been fun!And I daresay I had a doggone good time!

Kermit: Well...I'm glad you didn't get too uptight about the dog snacks left in your room.

Bowzer: Nah...I'm gonna give them to the dogs around here. I think they understand now that I'm human.Here guys!throwing bones & dogs come charging

Kermit:We'll see you all next time on The Muppet Show!

Bowzer:Goodnight & grease for peace! :doing signature pose again:

Characters in goodnights:Kermit & Most of the dogs from TMS

Katzi428

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Kathy, I think it is brilliant so far; you have absolutely nothing to worry about! This is your first one, am I right? I don't remember seeing your name on one of these before.
Just one little bit of knitpicking advice. The UK spot you said was an AM. Actually, the AMs were on Sesame Street, and whatnots were their TMS equivolent. Not sure if there was any real difference between them, but that's not for me to make the judgement on. Can't wait to read the rest of it!
Glad you liked Part 1,Kate:smile: .Unfortunately it's too late to change the AM into a WN Muppet.I just wish I'd told someone to Sticky it beforehand. I asked one of the mods but the mod hasn't gotten in touch with me yet.
Yep...it was my first one and will most probably my last one.This didn't come out the way I thought it would.But at least I tried.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The Count said:
Good start. Would recommend you space your sentences though.See what I mean right here?
Also, take a look back through some of Gorgon Heap's outlines... They could probably help you develop the dialogue a bit better to make it feel more complete.

Hope this helps purrk you up Kath.
Advice followed in Part 2,thank mew Ed!:smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Kathy! That's great! I loved the opening and the running gag about Bowzer not being a dog, that's funny! I am so glad you're working on this, it's really great!
Thanks Beth!:smile: But as I said to Fragglemuppet (Kate) it's not exactly my best work. I tried & that's all anyone can ask.

BEAR

Reaction score
I've only read the first part so far, but I love it so far, Kathy! You really know how to write comedy. I look forward to more.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree Kathy. You should write more. It is great and the more you practice I'm positive the better you'll get at it.