TMS is coming to Ottawa!

dbarrie

Reaction score
I wanted to give people a heads up and say that people in Ottawa will soon be able to watch TMS! That's because CTS (Crossroads Television System) will begin broadcasting in Canada's Capital City on Tuesday, May 4. CTS will be carried on Channel 32/Cable 25 (Rogers Cable). Earlier this month CTS began providing a signal to London (Ont.), and can be seen there on Channel 14/Cable 16 (Rogers Cable).

Here are all the details:

http://www.ctstv.com/extras/extra1.asp

OI MuppetFan

maurakl

Reaction score
I am so jealous!

That looks like a great channel anyway and to add the Muppet Show, Wow! I am still looking for the day that the Muppet Show will be shown again on a channel that I can get in the U.S. Enjoy!

maurakl

dbarrie

Reaction score
Yes, this is very exciting news! My cousin (not on MC) emailed me and said that she can't wait to see TMS again!

OI MuppetFan

maurakl said:
That looks like a great channel anyway and to add the Muppet Show, Wow! I am still looking for the day that the Muppet Show will be shown again on a channel that I can get in the U.S. Enjoy!

maurakl

Kamit

Reaction score
Darn - my sister goes to U of O but is coming home for the summer. Guess who's making sure she goes back in the fall with a nice big stack of blank VHS tapes?

dbarrie

Reaction score
Um, who? LOL -- just joking.

Whereabouts are you? There is a chance that you may be able to get CTS in the area you're living in. I've read that some people outside of Ontario can receive CTS on cable or via satellite (e.g. StarChoice or Bell ExpressVu).

OI MuppetFan

Kamit said:
Darn - my sister goes to U of O but is coming home for the summer. Guess who's making sure she goes back in the fall with a nice big stack of blank VHS tapes?

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hey Kamit,

So you're from Kingston, eh? :smile: How's life treating you there? I used to have a lot of relatives in the area, including my now-deceased grandparents (my Mom's parents). I used to visit Kingston 2-3 times a year when I had more family there. The last time I visited was two years ago, when one of my cousins from Toronto wed a gal from Kingston (they both live in TO). What a small world!

I visited CTS' Web site again, and unfortunately the only way you can get the station in Kingston is if you subscribe to Bell ExpressVu (Ch. 538), StarChoice (Ch. 355) or Look (Ch. 19). Maybe one day CTS will make itself a bigger presence on Kingston TV. If you're not into satellite TV, then I guess you'll have to start buying those blank tapes! :wink:

OI MuppetFan

Kamit said: