TMS Outline:Annie Lennox

Pug Lover

Reaction score
COLD OPENNING
POPS:"Oh beggin' yer pardon ma'am.That's a neat trick."
UNKNOWN VOICE:"That ain't the only trick up her sleeve mac."
POPS:"Huh,who said that?"
Annie's coat suddenly comes to life as a talking muppet leopard.
Pops faints.
LEOPARD:"The gag works every time."
Annie laughs.

OPENNING THEME
WALDORF:"So how do these things actually work?"
HORN GAG

OPENNING NUMBER

GUEST STAR SPOT

STATLER:"Love sure is a stranger to me."
WALDORF:"Why's that?"
STATLER:"I've been married seventy years and still counting."
both laugh

BACKSTAGE
KERMIT:"Well Scooter, Annie Lennox is a talented musician of many different moods and disguises."
ANNIE LENNOX:"That's right Scooter dear.You see I always dress depending on what mood I'm in."
KERMIT:"In other words,she dresses as the way she feels."
ANNIE'S TALKING LEOPARD COAT:"You're smart for a frog."

FOZZIE'S JOKE SPOT

MUPPET LAB

TALK SPOT

SKETCH

GUEST STAR SPOT

PIGS IN SPACE

SWEDISH CHEF

VETRINARIAN'S HOSPITAL
NURSE PIGGY:"Whaddaya all lookin' at me for?Just because I'm a pig,doesn't mean I invented the stupid flu."

CLOSING NUMBER

CLOSING GOODNIGHTS
Miss Piggy
Gonzo
Scooter
Floyd
Janice
Annie Sue
Pepe'
:scary:
Sam:attitude:
Zoot
Hilda
Mildred
Wanda
Bouragaurd
Sweetims

CLOSING THEME

STATLER:"Remember that silly tuxedo you used to wear?"
WALDORF:"Remember it?I'm still wearin' it."

Nick22

Reaction score
i rully like that outline. nice job :big_grin:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Good job. I laughed out loud throughout the whole outline.:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Usually i'm not all that big on reading these types of fanfic but since my love for Annie Lennox/Eurythmics is about as huge as my love for the Muppets i had to check it out (also because i would go gaga if AL ever appeared as a guest in a new Muppet production - would be the coolest thing since Debbie Harry did TMS AND sang Rainbow Connection!)

Interesting how you wrote her as a "solo" guest star but not performing any of her solo songs...i could definately see her performing Sisters with Muppet females! Given her history with the song, i have a hard time picturing Annie performing "I Only Want to be With You" again unless it was for a very special occasion or reason (like paying tribute to Dusty when she performed it once during Eurythmics' 1999-2000 Peacetour), but doing it as a Muppet Show gag where she sings it to Sweetums is one such occasion i could see her doing it for!

For the opening number, i'd probably prefer to have her sing "1000 Beautiful Things" with a whole bunch of Muppet Monsters. Not only would that be a great Muppetty colaboration, but then you'd have her Tourists/Eurythmics/solo eras all represented.

As for what she could talk about with Clifford during the talk spot - they could begin talking about how soul knows no color (something i could picture this particular pair chatting about) Somewhere along the line i can see a gag about Clifford resembling Dave Stewart! Then the segment could conclude with a discussion of Annie's widespread participation in humanitarian causes ... and which point some element from the backstage plot could come into play ... like Pepe rushing up to her and begging "you really want to do something charitable? How about hiding me from the enraged pig, okay?"