TMS outline- Christopher Lee!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Since you've decided to drop Droop and Lenny the Lizard from "At the Dance", will they still be included in your fic, but in other scenes?
Possibly.

Why do you want Janice to get eaten? She's too cool to get eaten. One reason why I mention this is because I remember a thread saying why certain female Muppets never got eaten (Janice is too cool, Mildred is too proper, etc.).
Those are also opinions. Fact is, I don't share them personally. Like Mildred being too proper, for example- proper people are always on the victim end where comedy is concerned (think of all the Three Stooges pie fights, or Margaret Dumont getting punched by Harpo in "Animal Crackers"). One of the time-honored traditions of humor is lousing up something dignified (or someone dignified).

On the subject of Janice being 'too cool' to get eaten, recall the "I Get By with a Little Help From My Friends" number that opened the Lynda Carter episode- in which Janice was set to be sacrificed to an idol. When the rest of the Electric Mayhem set her free, the idol quipped "I think I've just lost my lunch."

Also, in regards to the opening number, I still think that the Green Scoff should be replaced by Lenny the Lizard, because the Scoffs don't have hands.
I dunno, I think that kinda makes it funnier, a creature with no hands playing an instrument. I admit, I didn't realize at first that they had no hands- perhaps she plays with her feet?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole