TMS outline- Ed Asner! (by Gorgon Heap & jedix)

P

Philip Kippel

Who performed the following characters:

-Quongo the Wild Mountain Gorilla
-the alligator
-the singing barbers
-the polar bear and her cub
-the walrus
-the penguin
-the lady eskimo
-the chickens in the first backstage scene and opening number
-Boppity
-Gloat
-Droop
-the chickens in the roller disco
-the sea monster
-Joey Sprout
-the other singing asparaguses
-the farmhands in "Vet's Hospital/Muppet Sports"
-the referee
-the baseball player
-the whatnots in the closing number
-the Koozbanians in the closing number
-Timmy Monster
-DogLion

And I suppose that T.R. the Rooser and the Black Rooster would be performed by Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz respectively again. Right?

Also, maybe you could add the little chick (who also appeared in the Nancy Walker, Gilda Radner, Roger Miller and Shirley Bassey episodes) to the All-Chicken Roller Disco sketch. If you'd add the chick, who'd perform he/she?

I still also don't know which Koozbanians appear in the closing number? Which ones do?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
-Quongo the Wild Mountain Gorilla
-the alligator
-the singing barbers
-the polar bear and her cub
-the walrus
-the penguin
-the lady eskimo
-the chickens in the first backstage scene and opening number
-Boppity
-Gloat
-Droop
-the chickens in the roller disco
-the sea monster
-Joey Sprout
-the other singing asparaguses
-the farmhands in "Vet's Hospital/Muppet Sports"
-the referee
-the baseball player
-the whatnots in the closing number
-the Koozbanians in the closing number
-Timmy Monster
-DogLion
Quongo- Jerry Nelson
Alligator- Frank Oz
Singing Barbers- Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Dave Goelz
Polar Bear & Her Cub- Louise Gold, Steve Whitmire
Walrus- Jim Henson
Penguin- Robert Payne
Lady Eskimo- Kathryn Mullen
Chickens from First Backstage Scene and opening number- Various
Boppity- Steve Whitmire
Gloat- Jerry Nelson
Droop- Dave Goelz
Chickens- Frank Oz, Richard Hunt, Louise Gold, Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson
Sea Monster- Dave Goelz
Joey Sprout- Steve Whitmire
Other Asparaguses- Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Richard Hunt
Farmhands- Various
Referee- Dave Goelz
Baseball Player- Steve Whitmire
Whatnots- Various
Koozebanians- Various
Timmy Monster- Steve Whitmire
Dog Lion- Jim Henson

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Jerry as Quongo (he does a good gorilla), Steve as Joey Sprout is fine, Jim, Richard, and Jerry for the others (same performers as the Gills Brothers, basically). Dave as the baseball player. Never decided for the opening number, since I only ever heard the song in my head sung by The Mamas & the Papas.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

minor muppetz

Reaction score
good

This outline was good. I thought about doing an outline for an episode with ed asner as the guest, but couldn't think of a good plot that fit him.

By the way, I recently wrote four muppet show outlines (featuring Danny Devito & Oscar The Grouch, Bob newhart, Jimmy Dean, Dan Akroyd, Dave Thomas, and Sally Field). hardly anybody besides TogetehrAgain has responded to them, so if you haven't read any of them yet, please do and tell me what you think.

:smile:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
And I suppose that T.R. the Rooster and the Black Rooster would be performed by Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz respectively again. Right?
Right.

Philip Kippel said:
I still also don't know which Koozbanians appear in the closing number? Which ones do?
Male and Female Koozebanians, Baby Koozebanians, plus a fish-like Fazoob and a trumpet-nosed Fazoob.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
And I suppose that T.R. the Rooser and the Black Rooster would be performed by Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz respectively again. Right?

Also, maybe you could add the little chick (who also appeared in the Nancy Walker, Gilda Radner, Roger Miller and Shirley Bassey episodes) to the All-Chicken Roller Disco sketch. If you'd add the chick, who'd perform he/she?

Never decided anything about the Chicken Roller Disco, that was one of JediX's. The little chick is not a bad idea tho, not bad at all. I'd say the little chick oughta just be performed by whomever can make the best chirping noise (or rather, whoever performed him in the Nancy Walker episode).

As to the Koozebanians, make it the Male Koozebanian, Female Koozebanian, Phoob, Chopped Liver Monster, and the silver-headed, black-furred Alice Cooper band musician (seen also in "Trudge, Trudge, Streaka, Streaka" in the Anne Murray episode).

Something I want to add:
ONSTAGE: The aliens are winning, until Crazy Harry starts firing a cannon from the orchestra pit. The fight rages on. Kermit rushes in and apologizes to Ed.
Crazy Harry enters with the cannon and says "Is this where they're having the fight?" and then does his usual cackle.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Whenever T.R. Rooster appears in your outline, is it best to assume he is supposed to be performed by Jerry Nelson unless told otherwise?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Whenever T.R. Rooster appears in your outline, is it best to assume he is supposed to be performed by Jerry Nelson unless told otherwise?
Sure.