TMS Outline: John Lennon

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I decided to jump on the bandwagon and make a few outlines. I was going to do this one later but decided to finish it and put it up today because of John's birthday.

It’s the Muppet Show with out special guest star John Lennon!

CIRCA: Early Season 3

COLD OPENING:

John is not so sure about the lunch provided for him. (The singing vegetables) Scooter tells him he should at least give the peas a chance.

OPENING THEME:

Statler: Ten bucks says the guest walks out.

Gonzo’s horn crows like a rooster.

CURTAIN:

Kermit introduces John and says it’s time to get things shaking

OPENING NUMBER: TWIST AND SHOUT

John, backed up by the Electric Mayhem, performs on the “Bandstand Boogie” set while several whatnot couples dance around them.

BALCONY:

Waldorf: I wish I could still shake it like that
Animal: (Pops up behind him) Here I help you! (Shakes him violently)

BACKSTAGE:

A bunch of John’s groupies have come backstage to see him. (the same bunch of groupies as in the Sylvester Stalone episode but this time Scooter had nothing to do with it)

SWEDISH CHEF:

The chef prepares “der apool sooce”. He cores the apples by throwing them in the air and shooting them with his blunderbuss. (“de apool coorer”) then smashes them with a mallet.

BACKSTAGE:

Kermit is standing in front of John’s dressing room door frantically trying to hold off the groupies. At the same time he’s having to deal with Piggy complaining that Annie Sue gets to be in the next number tonight instead of her. Kermit’s attempts to defend himself backfire (“The audience gets to see you every week.”) and Piggy karate chops him. As he goes down the groupies trample over him into the dressing room.

SONG: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Gorgon Heap sings the main verses to a very frightened Annie Sue while a chorus of other monsters (such as Beautiful Day Monster, Miss Kitty, Gloat…) provide the chorus- which is good advice (“You better run for your life if you can little girl…”) Annie Sue keeps trying to escape but everywhere she goes another monster pops up blocking her path. In the end Gorgon finally catches Annie Sue and eats her.

BALCONY:

Statler: I think they had the right idea.
Waldorf: Yeah, We should run for our lives!

(they start to get up and leave but Big Mamma appears behind them and they sit down)

Waldorf: Too late.

UK SKIT: MUSICAL NUMBER “BUSINESS BUSINESS”

A redo of the Ed Sullivan skit

DRESSING ROOM:

Having regained consciousness Kermit goes in to apologize to John about the groupies. But it turns out John has no problem spending time with his fans.

MUPPET NEWS:

Newsman: Today marked the tragic passing of paperback writer Dr. Robert Kite. Apparently after driving his car down Penny Lane, a long and winding road, he didn’t notice that the lights had changed. A benefit will be held for him on Saturday. Mr. Kite’s widow Julia stated that she hopes to get by with a little help from her friends but as they say, tomorrow never knows.

BACKSTAGE:

Piggy apologizes to Kermit for earlier (after what happened to Annie Sue she’s glad it wasn’t her) But then turns violent again when she learns she’s not doing a duet with John.

INTRO:

Having flown onstage from Piggy’s kick Kermit introduces John’s signature song

SONG: IMAGINE

Rowlf plays piano while John sings.

BALCONY:

Staler: I can imagine a perfect world
Waldorf: Yeah one without this show!

BACKSTAGE:

Now the groupies are backing up Piggy’s demand to perform. But Kermit quickly discovers it’s only because she paid them off.

MUPPET LABS:

Bunsen unveils his answer to world peace. A device that vaporizes all guns. He tries it out on Beaker and an enemy soldier shooting at him. It does get rid of their guns but the soldier pulls out a sword and chases after Beaker.

BACKSTAGE:

The Soldier continues chasing Beaker. Piggy continues to threaten Kermit with further violence. Them Sam comes in berating Kermit about the lack of quality entertainment on tonight’s show. It’s utter chaos until John steps in and calms everyone down leading into the closing number

CLOSING NUMBER: GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

On Stage John sings joined by Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Gonzo, Floyd and Janice

GOODNIGHTS:

Kermit: I don’t really want to stop the show but I thought that before we go we’d give a special thanks to our guest Mr. John Lennon!

John thanks Kermit and reminds him to keep the peace. The Soldier comes through chasing Beaker again.

Kermit: That’s easier said than done.

They’re joined by Piggy, Floyd, Janice, Animal and some of the groupies.

BALCONY:

Waldorf: I’ll give peace a chance.
Statler: Yeah but this show has already had it’s.

Comments welcome.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, did John Lennon write Give Peace a Chance?

Was the scene with Big Mama stopping Statler and Waldorf from leaving their balcony inspired by the promotional picture of Big Mama in the balcony that has been used in a variety of things (such as on the back covers of It's The Muppets: Meet The Muppets and The Muppet Show: Monster Laughs With Vincent Price)?

Anyway, good first outline.

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
The answer to both questions is yes. (although some listings credit "Give Peace a Chance" as being written by both John and Paul) As for the Balcony scene I needed someone to block there escape and that picture popped into my head so I used Big Mamma.

I actually had a hard time choosing which songs to have John sing (well Imagine was a given) I wanted to use John's songs and not just Beatles songs. (despite the 10+ Beatles references in the news bit) Actually John did not write "Twist and Shout" but his rendition of it is probably the most famous/popular so I went ahead with that one.

Surprisingly John DID write "Run For Your Life" Not exactly his usual style.

I kinda feel now though that I should have John perform "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" maybe he can sing that to the groupies in the Dressing Room scene (truth be told I really don't know what else to have happen in that scene)

Before anyone asks, the Enemy Soldier that chases Beaker would be performed by Jerry Nelson. He doesn't really have any real lines but babbles in some mock forein language.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Great writing,especially on The Newsman skit,it made me laugh.Are you going to write any more fanfics?

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I've got a few more outlines and a couple full scripts in the works. I'm not gonna do many full scripts simply because I''ve got a dozen other fan-fics (not muppet) I've been trying to get written and that's not even counting the stuff I'm writing that I'm actually going to try and publish!

But my upcoming muppet outlines include (in random order)

Paul McCartney
Ray Charles
Davey Jones
Robert Redford (full script)
Peter Falk
Johnny Carson
Audrey Hepburn

I'm also planning a Halloween themed episode and a Muppets Tonight outline but I haven't decided on who the guests will be yet!