TMS outline- Lee Remick!

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
In response to the last part, about "At the Dance"- good suggestions. I hadn't thought about the "Time in a Bottle" singer but it works since I set the episode around that same time. Let's have the British Chap dancing with Granny the Gouger and telling the "I forgot" joke, the old scientist dancing with Zelda Rose, the blue guy with the black mustache dancing with the duck-billed lady (both performed by Richard Hunt) and telling the "grow old gracefully" joke, with the Guru (not as the Guru but simply as a random old man) and another old Whatnot dancing by in tutus.

I just came up with another joke for that sketch, too: a little boy and a little girl, from "At the Dance" in the Lena Horne episode, are dancing (Jim voices the boy, Frank the girl):

Boy: "You know, I've heard it said that with age comes wisdom."
Girl: "Who told you that?"
Boy: "Aw, some old fool."

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
Another couple you could include: Uncle Deadly & Taminella

Anyway, will you be able to tell me who performed the characters that I asked about soon?

P

Philip Kippel

I'm still anxious to know who performed the following characters:

-Luncheon Counter Monster
-the beach beauties in the opening number
-the characters in "Anyone Can Whistle"
-Gorgon Heap
-Behemoth
-the Koozbanians in "Pigs in Space" and the UK Spot
-the characters in "At the Dance"
-Shakey Sanchez
-Big Mama
-the alligator
-Timmy Monster
-Tom, Dick & Harry

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
I'm still anxious to know who performed the following characters:
-Luncheon Counter Monster: Dave
-the beach beauties in the opening number: various
-the characters in "Anyone Can Whistle": various; none of them talk, all they do is whistle
-Gorgon Heap: Richard
-Behemoth: doesn't speak
-the Koozbanians in "Pigs in Space" and the UK Spot: various; as to who speaks in PIS, it's Richard
-the characters in "At the Dance": Richard performs the blue guy, Jerry performs the old couple, Jim and Frank play the kids
-Shakey Sanchez: doesn't speak
-Big Mama: doesn't speak
-the alligator: Frank
-Timmy Monster: Dave (although he doesn't have a solo)
-Tom, Dick & Harry: Jerry, Dave, and Jim

If you go back and re-read the post where I gave the new "At the Dance" joke, you'll see I listed the performers for "At the Dance" (just for you, bud).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
I thought that Big Mama would be among the monsters planning to eat Lee.
Actually the thought of Big Mama trying to eat Lee opens up the way for some very funny sequences to my mind Gorgon.
Remember in the episode starring John Cleese where we saw Big Mama eat a brown shoe while hearing some very faint screams implying that Mama had just eaten Cleese's agent?
Well if Big Mama had ever gotten her hands upon Lee just imagine Kermit trying to rescue her? Think about the scenes in Disney's movie Peter Pan where Smee is trying to rescue Hook from the crocodile?:zany:
Of course with puppets you could never acheive the same kind of hilarious scenes as in animation but I'm sure you all get the general picture:big_grin:
This is a very clever running gag about the monsters in this one Dave. Eating the guest star or rather trying to eat her, one of the funniest storyline plots in any of your outlines. Congratulations.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Also, have you figured out which characters to include in "Anyone Can Whistle"? Unless you might want to try some of the suggestions that I came up with a while back (Rover Joe, T.R. the Rooster, the little chick, Catgut, a pig, the duck, Mary Louise, Robin and the Jim Henson muppet--a reason why I'm suggesting such a diversity of characters like these is because of the name song and having them all get chances to whistle would be definite proof that really everybody CAN whistle...if you get what I mean:big_grin:).
Yes I do.

Let's say it's Fozzie, Nigel, Robin, Baskerville, T.R. the Rooster, Mary Louise, Robin, and the Jim Henson Muppet, each one sort of popping in solo to whistle.

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Yes I do.

Let's say it's Fozzie, Nigel, Robin, Baskerville, T.R. the Rooster, Mary Louise, Robin, and the Jim Henson Muppet, each one sort of popping in solo to whistle.

You listed Robin twice.

Also, why'd you put Baskerville in? One reason I suggested the inclusion of Rover Joe is because he was VERY underused in the actual series and since he's one character that you almost never include in your outlines.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Also, why'd you put Baskerville in? One reason I suggested the inclusion of Rover Joe is because he was VERY underused in the actual series and since he's one character that you almost never include in your outlines.
Guess I just like Baskerville.

I'll use Rover Joe when it feels right. He looks like an old hound, the kind who lies on the floor (which is pretty much where they used him on TMS), so to me, it doesn't feel right to use him here. Baskerville looks more Muppety (for comic numbers), Muppy looks more realistic (for emotional/sentimental numbers), so Rover Joe is kind of a tough one. I'll try and put him in if I can remember.