TMS Outline-Rolf Harris

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This is a very bare boned outline that would take place around Season 3.

I'm getting bored waiting for other seasons to come out so I can familiarize myself with their styles.:frown:

Rolf is an Australian entertainer so this would be an Aussie based episode.
I'll only list the songs and sketches. If or when season 3 comes out(I pray when) I'll try to flesh this out not necessarily a full script but I'll come up with a good backstage plot and some more dialogue.

OPENING NUMBER: WALTZING MATILDA: featuring Rolf as the Jolly Swagman and a muppet jumbuck (Aussie slang for sheep) and what-nots as the authorities.

Swedish Chef tries cooking damper

Sketch: My Boomerang won't come back. With what-not aboriginals, Gonzo as the Witch-doctor and special appearance by the cast of Vet's Hospital as the flying doctor services.

Muppet Newsflash: the Newsman is gobbled up by a rogue bunyip reported to be roaming around.
Newsman: That's ridiculous. Everybody knows there are no such things as bunyips. They're only Australian folklore. (then he gets eaten)

Rolf sings I still call Australia home with Fozzie and Scooter

The pigs sing Botany Bay

Muppet Labs electric didgeridoo

Closing number Rolf and various muppets have a barbecue with the Swedish Chef as the cook singing the Aussie BBQ Song.

Okay one day, who knows when I'll try to do something distinctive with this idea.
In the meantime remarks and comments are most welcome:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Would that MC's resident bunyip, Gooby?

It may have been bare-boned Marty, but it was pretty good as usual!

I wish I was a bit more familiar with Muppets Tonight (I watched it all the time when I was little but that was a long time ago so I don't remember much of it) so I could do a MT outline with... well... Kathy.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Would that MC's resident bunyip, Gooby?

It may have been bare-boned Marty, but it was pretty good as usual!

I wish I was a bit more familiar with Muppets Tonight (I watched it all the time when I was little but that was a long time ago so I don't remember much of it) so I could do a MT outline with... well... Kathy.
Er. I don't understand the first sentence about MC's resident bunyip, Gooby Snowthy:confused:

Thanks for the nice comment and maybe Muppets Tonight will come out on DVD one day. Then you'll get your chance to write your Kathy outline:excited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Er. I don't understand the first sentence about MC's resident bunyip, Gooby Snowthy:confused:
An MC member named Jarrod (username Keeermit) builds awesome puppets, and one of his original puppet characters (and a favorite of Caroll Spinney) is a little bunyip named Gooby.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ah does Gooby look like the sort of puppet that might eat the muppet Newsman?

Skye

Reaction score
It sounds great, Marty. You could do some really awesome stuff with this! :smile: