TMS Script - Burl Ives!

D

Dil

We've already an outline with Ives, so this one should be more Christmasy.

BRIAN HENSON INTRO:
"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. In this special episode featuring Burl Ives, the Muppet Show is celebrating Christmas which is one of the greatest holidays of the year. (inserts clip of the closing #) Burl was used especially for this episode (cut back to Brian Henson) because he starred as the voice of Sam the Snowman in a popular Christmas Special called "Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reighndeer. (inserts clip of Sam (Snowman) singing "Silver & Gold") (when Brian is about to say the next sentence, the camera cut back to him) In fact, the Muppets have done several Christmas Special, themselves, like... (insert following clips as Brian says the last line: The Great Santa Claus Switch, A Muppet Family Christmas, Emmet Otter's Christmas, & even a Muppet Christmas Movie, called 'The Muppet Christmas Carol') I directed 'The Muppet Christmas Carol', you know. (cut back to Brian Henson) So Here it is, The Muppet Show with Burl Ives."

STYLE: "Mid Season 5 (circa Tony Randall, Mac Davis)

AIRING DATES: 12/24/80

COLD OPENING

(The entrance has Christmas decorations. Pops is patting on his present, until he hears someone knocking on the door.)

(Burl enters in a tux, and the audience applauses when he enters.)

POPS: "Oh! Who're you?"

BURL: "I'm tonight's guest, Burl Ives."

POPS: "Hey, Burl Ives! Boy, You're one of my favorites! And boy, you're just in time."

BURL: "Oh, joly. Christmas Decorations."

POPS: "I just got to see this show."

BURL: "Well, you're going to need a TV."

POPS: "When Santa Claus comin' to town?"

(Burl poofs, and now wears a Santa Claus suit, then close-up of him.)

"It's The Muppet Show with our very special guest star Burl Ives! YAAAYYYY!!!!!"

GONZO AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOW:
When Gonzo blows his horn, snowflakes come out of it.

I'll be back for more.