TMS Season 1 Openings

MockMockChef

Reaction score
I got a question about the opening theme of season 1 of TMS.I saw on KETNET (Belgium) the Candice Bergen episode with the same opening theme of all the epsiodes of season 2.But i just downloaded a clip from a site with the original opening theme from the Norwegain TV.Now is my question:Why Jim Henson started chanching the opening theme of season 1?

Greetings Muppet Now

ASailorsGal

Reaction score
TMS Theme Song changes

Hi!

I found this under "Guides" on the Muppet Central site.

"Unfortunately in the late eighties, Henson began reworking the first season episodes with later version of the theme song, replacing the original in it's entirety with a later version for television and subsequent video releases."

It goes into more depth in the article, but I thought this MIGHT help you or at least get you on the right track to the answer you seek!

Heather

Whatever

Reaction score
The newer one is much nicer looking and uplifting. He was just improving it. :smile:

MockMockChef

Reaction score
Whatever said:
The newer one is much nicer looking and uplifting. He was just improving it. :smile:
Thanks for the info but i found it a little unfortunately because i found it funny that Miss Piggy and Janice got feathers on their headand when Gonzo hits the O it blows.

Greeting Muppet Now

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
CTS here in Canada is currently running the first season, and we are getting the updated version of the theme song as well. While I can appreciate wanting to improve the look of the show, I really wish they would air the original openings. I can only hope that if/when they release full season DVD sets they will have the original openings on each episodes.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I'm with you Mickey!I miss the original season 1 opennings.It doesn't seem right with the updated opennings.Especially since some muppets,particularly Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy,have had a makeover since season 1.It doesn't make much sense if you ask me. :confused:

MockMockChef

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
I'm with you Mickey!I miss the original season 1 opennings.It doesn't seem right with the updated opennings.Especially since some muppets,particularly Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy,have had a makeover since season 1.It doesn't make much sense if you ask me. :confused:
Here is the original opening of the first episode of TMS: http://www.scarecroe.com/files/ (You most seek at the end of the page after tmsseasonone.mpg)

Greeting Muppet Now