TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

David French

Reaction score
Marky said:
The only way I can ever see that happening - if another company buys them. They're a commdity now. Like a recording artist's back-catalouge. They're the Beatles, and Disney's treating them like the Monkees!!!
Which is odd, considering that Rhino Records, who own the Monkees back catalogue have constantly been releasing material since the late 1980's on a (fairly) regular basis. Look at the Missing Links series, the CD reissues of the original LPs and even the current Deluxe reissues. Monkees fans have never had it so good since c.1967.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Hey JJand Janice, don't forget the original opening sequences! Most Muppet Show re-releases featured the season three opening sequence no matter which season the episode was from. It's great to see these first shows (pretty much) in their entirety.
Yeah totally can't forget about that, that's really cool, how many times well we be able to have that as well. :big_grin: Once agian, how any Muppet fan can say it's not one of the best Muppet releases (not just DVD, but for anything.) is something that I don't understand.

But back to season two, I'm still saying that Disney will release season two on DVD sometime soon, hopefully. Disney knows there is money to be made by classic Muppets mostly in the form of the Muppet Show, come on, you guys really think Disney will let that money slip away? I think it's taking time for two reasons, (1) There trying to make the best possible DVD set and (2) Disney top thing isn't the Muppets right now. We'll all Muppet fans in here (goes without saying) so we think Muppets should always be on the top of the list for any company. But Disney does have many movies, tv shows, there own channels, there own DVD sets, records, and many things to worry about releasing, so, sadly, Muppets will be put on the back burner for now.

I'm just saying give it a little more time.

Marky

Reaction score
David French said:
Which is odd, considering that Rhino Records, who own the Monkees back catalogue have constantly been releasing material since the late 1980's on a (fairly) regular basis. Look at the Missing Links series, the CD reissues of the original LPs and even the current Deluxe reissues. Monkees fans have never had it so good since c.1967.
(forgetting the audience type in a fan forum)

ahem.... let me rephrase this...
They're the Beatles, and Disney's treating them like (enter name of a valueless pop group here barely worth the plastic of reissuing anything).

Sorry Monkees fans.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Marky said:
(forgetting the audience type in a fan forum)

ahem.... let me rephrase this...
They're the Beatles, and Disney's treating them like (enter name of a valueless pop group here barely worth the plastic of reissuing anything).

Sorry Monkees fans.
Good save! :stick_out_tongue:

Bein Green

Reaction score
I think that no matter how much Disney might market the Muppets, they are not really in fashion any longer. They are smart, quirky, gentle, funny... those things are sadly not in style any longer. The DVDs and the Master Replicas Kermit is the way to go for not. Sell to those of us who revere the Muppets.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Bein Green said:
I think that no matter how much Disney might market the Muppets, they are not really in fashion any longer. They are smart, quirky, gentle, funny... those things are sadly not in style any longer. The DVDs and the Master Replicas Kermit is the way to go for not. Sell to those of us who revere the Muppets.
I would have to agree with that. Even though we here are "die heart fans", it's overall, not what's really in with the younger kids (minus maybe Elmo and Pepe.) Shows like South Park and Family Guy is what rules right now, the kind of shows where no one really learns a lesson (at least on Family Guy, cause to be fair, there are some lessons on South Park.). The Muppets are pretty much on the "retro" thing.

Marky

Reaction score
Bein Green said:
Nonsense!

I believe that they're current lack of hipness is due to the fact that Disney owns them now. Yuck. Had they kept working in the direction of IAVMMCM with NBC & MGM, they'd be well on their way back.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Marky said:
Nonsense!

I believe that they're current lack of hipness is due to the fact that Disney owns them now. Yuck. Had they kept working in the direction of IAVMMCM with NBC & MGM, they'd be well on their way back.
Sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. As sad as it can be, kids don't want to see something with holesome messages have like the Mupepts. Believe, I've wacth many kids, and I'm always trying to entertain them with the Muppets. At least a good four out of five of them, usually don't want any part of it. I'm sorry Marky, but you really can't blame Disney too much for the Muppets, as you've put it, lack of hipness. Even before Disney owned the Muppets, they still won't really hitting as big as they did in the 70's and 80's. Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island, did ok. Muppets From Space was a total flop. Kermit's Swamp Years did little to nothing. And IAVMMCM, I don't think it did too much to help either.

Like I said I have wacth many people's kids in the past year or so, and trust me, I'm always trying to get them turned to Muppets. So far the only one I've gotton though is my little nine year old cousin. Most of the kids I wacth would rather wacth my Family Guy DVDs, or the the very least my Pixar Disney DVDs. But Muppets, no way. Muppets just aren't really what kids want nowadays, besides probably Elmo. It's sad but true.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Why aare so many people here SO pessimistic towards Disney? They've had a little over two years with the Muppets. And during those two years, they've had a change in their CEO, which is a MAJOR change for any company, not just Disney. You can't expect miracles to happen just like that. You have to give a company time to bounce back, or even bounce up in the first place. Give Disney time and something will happen with the Muppets, time is the key here. Not money, not that the Muppets are owned by Disney, but the fact that they need more time!

And what is it with people thinking that Diz won't release TMS 2? There's a poll on the official website asking what cover we; THE FANS; want for the set that will be RELEASED. I just think it's awful that people here are becoming so pessimistic and hardly giving Disney a chance to get off their feet.