TMS Season 4 Bonus Feature Thoughts

matleo

Reaction score
The big thing I want to see is more of the interview footage. I know there's stuff that Disney shot when they announced they were working on the DVDs, but there's also a HUGE amount of archive footage that Jerry J, Frank and Brian shot when they did the "World of Henson" documentary for PBS. There's tons of stuff there that has actually become for internal at Henson's regarding creating worlds, characters, etc. A lot of that stuff I'd love to see.

I'd like to see a retrospective from the puppeteers about working with the various guest stars as well. And of course the Jim Henson/Kermit featurette they shot.

More commercials would be cool but I'd liek them to be more "Muppet" oriented. I like the classic La Choy, Wilkins Coffee, Klaussens bread commercials but those would be better on the proposed DVD of vintage Henson material.

And the main thing I want to see again are the quick spots advertising next week's Muppet shows. I love those!

That's my list.

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anything they'll be able to get and put on their without a major copyright fuss, which is what happened to this season set, would be great.

Personally, I'd love to see that first documentary they were planning. Did it get lost in the shuffle?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I would love to see some more of that whole "Company of Players" stuff interveiwing more people though like Jerry Nelson and Frank Oz rather than like Bill or Kevin Clash, nothing against them needless to say just they didn't perform on the Muppet show. Although I guess it could be said that since they perform Muppets in gerenal, it works

Of Muppets and Men would be great.

More Muppet commericals would be great.

Maybe a feature where they talk about not just the characters that were famous but Muppets they didn't become so famous, like Wayne and Wanda, Besty Bird and more, I think that would be really neat

Just a few thoughts

ploobis

Reaction score
It would be nice to have Audio Commentaries on selected episodes by Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire. They both worked on season 4 of The Muppet Show. :smile:

If Jerry Nelson was able to do commerntaries too that would be awesome! :sing:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I'd like to see some of the things mentioned to be released before, but def more Muppet specials and interviews with the puppeteers!

I wonder if a complete box set would be released after all the seasons come out? i would buy one for display purposes but i could totally see all 5 volumes fitting into a stage like package with the red curtain and Muppets around the box.:smile: it would be cool! it would also be nice if they re-did season one and were able to get the rights to all the songs and release it unedited too but thats a long shot.

SmileMuppet

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see all the Brain Henson intros from the Anniversary DVDs together in one bonus. :crazy:

MWoO

Reaction score
I would like to see the Muppets Go To The Movies on season 4, not to be confused with Muppets Go To Hollywood. It's similar to the Muppet Show and done during that era.

ploobis

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Muppet Screen Test with :smile: & :embarrassed: that Jim & Frank made before shooting The Muppet Movie!

That would make a great Bonus Feature for Season 4! :wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I wonder if a complete box set would be released after all the seasons come out? i would buy one for display purposes but i could totally see all 5 volumes fitting into a stage like package with the red curtain and Muppets around the box.:smile: it would be cool! it would also be nice if they re-did season one and were able to get the rights to all the songs and release it unedited too but thats a long shot.
:cool: That would be awesome! I'd get it, even if I have already bought all of the other sets. I have The Dick Van Dyke Show all in one set, and there's something nice about having them all together. The box is a bit flimsy, but it's still nice having them all together like that in a collection.

Hiya, Zack! :sympathy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I would like to see the Muppets Go To The Movies on season 4, not to be confused with Muppets Go To Hollywood. It's similar to the Muppet Show and done during that era.
Technically, The Muppets Go to the Movies should have been released on a special edition of The Great Muppet Caper (the same with The Muppets Go Hollywood with The Muppet Movie). They were released to sort of advertise those movies, although I always have thought of The Muppets Go to the Movies as being a sort of series finale.