TMTM: Dog Kennel cene

borgdeborg

Reaction score
:search:

I cant get this out of my head... and I dont know what movie or show it was from.

In the scene there is a character who's called "Snooky ookums" by someone else, then all of a sudden the other ones around him start mocking him saying "oh snookyookums" and one of them says something like "ittle bittle bottom" and "washy-scrubs"?

Seriously, I know Im not losing my mind.... I was thinking at first Elmo in Grouchland, but now Im not sure.

anyone?

Beauregard

Reaction score
It is The Muppet Take Manhatten! Rowlf is working at a Kennel, and a posh guy gives him a dog (I think played by a real dog?) to look after named Snookums. "Skookums prefers the Rubber Washington Journal, to the Rubber Wall Street Post." "Rubber newspapers."

The man is very mean to Rowlf, and even makes him Sit and Stay, before leaving.

The other dogs start calling Snookums named, and, yes I believe someone does say something Bottom related, though I could never quite figure out what.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup Snookums was played by a real dog and one of the kennel's Muppet dogs (performed by Richard Hunt I believe) yells, "Hey, Squishy Bottom! Hahaha!" Which I guess was just teasing Snookums for being a pampered little wimp of a dog, hehe.

matleo

Reaction score
Side piece of trivia, there are two dog cages clearly marked "Jim' and "Frank".

Also the owner of the dog is played James Coco a guest from S3 of The Muppet Show

and the dog who yells "he's got a squishy bottom" is actually played by Steve Whitmire. A lot of the side characters in TMTM are either Steve, Dave or Karen Prell. Jerry and Richard weren't in it too much. Probably one of the reasons why I don't like it as much as the other films.