1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TMTM on ABC Family

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by the_great_gonzo, Aug 20, 2002.

1. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

Just a note. This Friday night at 8:00 PM on ABC Family, they will be showing The Muppets Take Manhattan. That's all.
  2. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I love your sig! Jerry Nelson at his best!!! LOL!!!!
  3. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Thanks for the news!

BTW, that is Jerry @ his best. Along with, "Well, she ain't so tight no more!" LOL

- Billy :cool:
  4. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Hmmmmm i don't know here!

Hmmm i don't know a nother Muppet movie on a Disney owned channel??? Somthing VEARY fishy here, or is it just me again?? LOL:D :confused: :p
  5. Thog

Thog New Member

I would say it's just you.
  6. Traveling Matt

Yeah, it's you. ;)

7. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

LOL okay!! :)

LOL ha ha ha ha ha...Okay LOL good b/c I waz begining to wonder here!? LOL

latter... LOL:p :)
  8. Struble

Struble New Member

Re: Hmmmmm i don't know here!

Yeah, it's just you. Any company could license to show the movies. If HBO decided to show a couple of Muppet movies in a few months, you wouldn't expect Jim Henson to be followed by "A Home Box Office Company," now would ya?

The program directors at the Disney Channel and ABC Family just recognize a good quality family brand when they see it.

Sh.
  9. Thog

Thog New Member

I wouldn't count on Disney buying The Muppets. Disney isn't in a very good state right now. Sources say that Eisner probably won't last the rest of the year with the company.

dan
  10. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

OMG!!!

I really DO HOPE (sorry Walt for saying this...) But I really do HOPE that Disney gets Eisner's A$$ OUT of there b/f he does MORE damige!!! :mad:

LOL ok I fell better:p :D :) :) ....

latter...
  11. towels

towels New Member

Re: OMG!!!

Wasn't Eisner in place when Disney started to come back? Didn't Little Mermaid happen under his tenure? Sure, what they're doing now is cheap junk, but it could be that he has too much on his plate now that Disney has become so huge. I'm sure there's plenty of blame that can be passed around...
  12. Thog

Thog New Member

I think when Eisner started, he knew what was good for the company and how to make it better, which he did. But now I think he may have a case of burn out. I think it's time for them to get a fresh start with someone new who could do what Eisner did for the company back in the '80s.
  13. Traveling Matt

Yeah, he might be burned out, but I wonder: have there been major changes there in the last, maybe, 5 years? Disney certainly doesn't seem the same (especially with all these sequels, instead of new material). I wonder if Eisner isn't the only one to blame (even though he would probably be most responsible.

14. Thog

Thog New Member

I think that Disney just needs new blood. To me all the direct to video sequels make it look like they are running out of ideas, or they are hungry for money and they think that it's the quickest way possible to get it. It could just be that Disney is going though the same slump as they had in the late 70's early 80's which was resolved by Eisner coming in. So maby if he did leave and they brought in someone new it could get better......or worse.
  15. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Most analysts agree that Eisner was directly responsible for saving Disney in the 80s. He was responsible for turning around their animation department and many other things.

However, he has lasted longer than almost if not all other CEOs of similarly large corporations. In most businesses this is seen as a bad thing because of burnout, lack of new ideas, the tendency to ride on one's laurels. Eisner was a tough guy when he took over, and burnt some bridges along the way. Now many of those burnt bridges are coming back to haunt Disney in a big, big way. Disney's stock is plummeting and their best resource, PIXAR, is waiting by the door ready for the bell to ring so it can go home.

By most analysts prediction, Eisner won't last through the end of the year unless some miracle happens. Personally, I can't wait for someone else to come in and put back the real vision of Disney in place.
  16. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

BTW, TMTM will reair today at 3pm/2c, I believe. Just an hour from now.
  17. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

yep, i watched it yesturday (Saturday) i didn't know it played on friday night untill now.