To Buck-Beaver...

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hi Buck -

Almost a year ago, I posted a thread asking for help in buying "Muppet-style" puppets, and you mentioned that Marlene Reimer is an excellent builder. Would you please send me an e-mail because I would like to hear some more detailed opinions about her work.

Thanks!

- Billy :cool:
TravelingMatt83@yahoo.com

Blink

Reaction score
Needless to say I am not Buck, but here is the information you are looking for:

Puppets For Goodness Sake
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Phone: (905) 573 - 6320
Toll Free: 1-888-300-1400
Fax: (905) 573 - 8883
Email: puppets4gfs@aol.com

:smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
That'd be the info up there in Blink's post. If you get in touch with her directly I am sure she would be able to answer any questions you might have. Marlene does excellent work and if you are looking for an inexpensive basic puppet the quality of her work for the prices she charges is virtually unbeatable. I'm doing some consulting work with a non-profit group in Canada that needs a bunch of puppets made and I recently recommended her to them.

Oh, and if you're looking I hear that some guy around these parts named blink is not a bad builder either. :wink: You should check out his spiffy new Web site at www.chensational.com and see for yourself.

Blink

Reaction score
Billy,

I think Buck has the right idea, in that contacting Marlene Reimer directly would be your best course of action. I have never personally tried on one of Marlene's puppets, but just last night I spoke with someone who bought one from her.

It was a very basic puppet and I heard no complaints. If you are concerned about the mouth, I would recommend mentioning that point to Marlene. I am sure she could make sure that the mouth is reinforced. I get requests like that from time to time (e.g. "Please make sure the mouth (or arm) is really durable.") and it is usually not a problem for the builder.

Hope this helps.

:halo:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
We've had dozens of puppets bought from and custom made by Marlene over the past ten years. I have never seen/heard of any problems with mouths on any of her puppets. The mouths on her puppets are usually fairly rigid, but she will usually make them flexible upon request. Just make sure you discuss any concerns or specifics you need.

As I said above, the quality of Marlene's work is really outstanding, especially considering she charges very affordable rates. Matter of fact, I think I've only once had to a repair on one of Marlene's puppets and that was just fixing a little stitching that came loose after many years of regular use.

Her company, Puppets For Goodness Sake, primarily targets Puppet Ministries (that's where Marlene got started). Though she's probably not the most well-known builder in puppet ministry, she's one of the very best around - way ahead of some of the bigger companies like One Way Street. She does lots of secular work for professionals too. People from Southern Ontario & Western New York might recognize "U" which she built for Fox 29 Buffalo's "U's Place", a local kid's programming block.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hi Buck -

Thank you for the replys. I think it can certainly help :wink:

- Billy :cool: