Today Show 12/19

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the SST Muppets on the Today Show this morning?

It was a great segment-- five Muppets (Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, Telly, & Cookie Monster) sang two Christmas carols and talked with Katie. The bit lasted a little over five minutes.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cool assortment of characters. Who talked the most? What songs did they sing?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah i saw it!

i liked it! i thought katie couric was being mean! at least matt wasn't there (his hair looks so silly!) it was nicely put together....(the shoe thing could have been left out, and the biting arm thing....) they sang Feliz Navidad (pardon my spelling) and some other song (which cookie monster dubbed 'the longest song in the world')-Sarah

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
. Who talked the most?

Elmo did. he was even on there before promoting it i guess....cookie monster talked a bit too! (which i am glad for)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
First they did a promo for Elmo's World: Happy Holidays. Then Katie talked to Elmo about Hannukah and Kwanza. Zoe piped in that Kwanza is for monsters, not just African Americans. Katie asked Zoe about Christmas and Zoe said she liked all the presents and that she was getting a pony. Katie asked which she liked best, getting presents or *giving* presents. Zoe said giving presents is good when the presents you get aren't all that great. Katie gave Cookie Monster a special cookie but told him he couldn't eat it until after he was done singing and Cookie said "Oh you got to be kidding!" Elmo bit Katie's shoulder and danced with her. Cookie complained the second song (I don't know the name of it either) was too long-- he wanted to eat his cookie-- and wondered why they couldn't sing Jingle Bells because it is a fast song. But he made it through and waited till they were done singing to eat the cookie. Rosita sang most of Feliz Navidad. Telly had the fewest lines. It was one of the best of these segments I've seen.