TOG the MONSTER puppet on Ebay

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Another beautiful design Jarrod. Glad to hear how busy you've been! keep up the great work.

wes

Reaction score
One of these Days' I'm going to buy one of your puppets, Ilike your style,still the most beuatiful puppets you can purchase ANYWHERE!

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Why is paypal dangerous? I mean, I guess any form of payment where you submit personal info is more dangerous than sending hard currency, but is it any worse than swiping your debit card at the gas station where any Joe Schmo can pick up your discarded atm reciept? Paypal seems to be very safe as this sort of thing goes.

Keeermit

Reaction score
thanks for your kind words about TOG the Monster - He is a really great puppet to operate. He looks yellow in the photos but he is actually more of a light lime green... very cool!
The reason I use Paypal is because it is safer for the seller - and its quicker to get the puppet out to the winner of the auction. by the time the seller sends the money order ( up to 2 weeks) then i wait for the money order to clear in my bank (up to 14 days) then post the puppet out (up to 2 weeks) there goes 5 1/2 weeks before you even get the puppet. hope you understand. :smile:
have a good day all.

standay

Reaction score
TopperFraggle said:
Why is paypal dangerous? I mean, I guess any form of payment where you submit personal info is more dangerous than sending hard currency, but is it any worse than swiping your debit card at the gas station where any Joe Schmo can pick up your discarded atm reciept? Paypal seems to be very safe as this sort of thing goes.
Paypal can be risky for the seller if the buyer has a problem and then doesn't pay their credit card company for the paypal purchase. This is called "disputing the charge." If that happens then the credit card company usually does a "chargeback" on the sale and Paypal will then usually hold the seller's funds to pay for it. Depending on the situation it can get very messy.

As far as being a buyer goes, you are best off to NOT give paypal your checking account info (they want this for you to become a "verified member"). If they can get to your checking account and a sale goes bad they'll take the money right out of there. Note that there is a difference between being a verified paypal user and having a verified paypal address. I think it's a good idea to set up the verified address since some sellers insist on it (see the paypal site for details) but you do not need to become a verified member.

Like anything else, when it works it works well. When it all goes to pot then it's awful. As an eBay buyer I usually like using the paypal system. As an eBay seller, I'll only use it for lower priced items. On bigger items I'll only take a money order or sometimes a check (with a long waiting period). There are lots of horror stories on paypal, do a google search and you'll see them. So far I've had pretty good luck with it but I'm careful about using paypal. The "supposedly kind of safe" description from one of the earlier posts actually describes it pretty well!

Stan

puppetsmith

Reaction score
I've had a good experience both buying and selling with PayPal. No matter what you do you could always be a victim of identity theft in this crazy world. I don't think PayPal is any more of a risk than having your mail delivered to your home when you not there. :smile: Just my opinion, of course.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Hmmm... I didn't know about these dangers. I thought it was simply an identity theft worry.

Funny what standay said about only using paypal on lower priced items that he's selling. I'm the exact opposite- Paypal charges a small fee when you have them send you a check from your balance, which also takes 7-10 days. On large payments I don't mind this fee, but when you're selling an item for just a few bucks, and then Paypal takes 2 to send you a check- it's not worth it.

Keeermit

Reaction score
ANYWAY...... all this talk of paypal aside......I'm glad most of you like TOG :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Keeermit said:
ANYWAY...... all this talk of paypal aside......I'm glad most of you like TOG :smile:
LOL!

I just happened on this thread, and I gotta say, TOG is awesome! Another great puppet added to your site.

Cool to watch the bidding go higher and higher! I put him on my watch list to see how much he goes for. Hope it's a lot!

:smile: