Together Again: A Muppet FanFiction

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oy...this story...oh how I want to be writing it.....

Sadly I'm going out of town this weekend and all the fun stuff that goes along with leaving work for a couple of days is leaving me quite busy.

I will get back to this someday though! I hope! :embarrassed:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Hoping that someday when you get back to this is today!

Please post more soon! I am in total need of good frog/pig fan fiction!:smile:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I must say that this story so far really spoke to me as it showed one of my all time Favorite Muppet Movies, but in a different POV. :smile:

I would love to encourage you to keep up the good work upon this great tale of yours.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks mbmfrog! I think this is still one of my favorite unfinished stories of mine, and I really do hope to write in it again someday! If only life would slow down just a wee bit for me! You just never know though, it just might happen. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know what happened last night, I really don't, but maybe it was just seeing this story again, but all of sudden, I had inspiration and I know how the entire rest of this story is going to go. And it was quiet at work this afternoon....SO...that means one thing....

HERE'S AN UPDATE!

October 11th, 2001

As Piggy stepped out of the limo when they arrived at the hotel in New York she looked all around her and suddenly felt like it was 15 years ago. Her hotel was right near Saks Fifth Avenue. She remembered when she had gotten a job there right after the gang had separated. Of course it was short lived and she ended up making spying on Kermit her full time job until he found her in Central Park.

“Miss Piggy, I need you to grab my bags,” demanded Lady Holiday snapping Piggy back to reality.

“Right away,” said Miss Piggy.

“Oh no need for that ma’am, we’ve got plenty of bellhops,” said the hotel manager that came out to greet them.

“Very well, Piggy, take an hour for yourself and then report back to my room. Understood?” said Lady Holiday.

“Yes Lady Holiday,” said Piggy obediently.

With the freedom to do whatever she pleased, Piggy contemplated just what she should do. She was overwhelmed with desire to try and go and find Kermit. Almost to a point that was alarming to her.

“Hey babe, I hear you’ve got an hour free, I know some things we could do with an hour,” came Nicky’s voice behind her.

“Oh um, well dear, I was thinking about going over there to Saks and I know how you hate shopping with me,” said Piggy.

“Really? I was hoping you’d come upstairs,” said Nicky.

“Darling, I need to find just the right dress for the event, you know your sister will be upset if I don’t look just perfect,” said Piggy. She often used Lady Holiday as a weapon in their relationship.

“I suppose you are right, well, have fun and I’ll be waiting up in our room for whenever you can get back to me,” said Nicky.

“Oh great,” said Piggy sarcastically under her breath. But, at least she was free.

She didn’t even think twice and hailed a cab.

“Where to lady?” asked the cab driver.

“Um, how far is it to Pete’s Delicatessen?” asked Piggy.

“Eh, about 15 blocks. Is that where you want to go?” asked the cab driver.

15 blocks. She could be there very quickly. Would he want to see her? Suddenly she just didn’t care about the past. She wanted to see him.

“Miss? Is that where you wanted to go?” asked the cab driver again pulling her away from her thoughts.

Piggy took a deep breath. “Yes. And hurry please!” she burst out joyfully. She was overcome with a feeling she hadn’t felt in a very long time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile back at Pete’s the whole gang was hugging and rejoicing in being together again.

“I would like to propose a toast to the man who made this all possible, our fearless leader, Kermit the Frog!” said Dr. Teeth.

“Here here!” shouted Rowlf.

“Now hang on all of you, I’m so happy you’re all here, but we have got a lot of work to do. There is still something missing from the script and we have rehearsals to start and the show opens in just over a month,” said Kermit.

“We can do it!” said Fozzie.

“Jenny has graciously agreed to make our costumes. Dr. Teeth is taking over music direction with the band. Um, Rowlf and Wanda have agreed to be the leads,” said Kermit.

The room went silent. No one wanted to ask the question.

“Kermit, I thought you said that we’d try and figure out what benefit Miss Piggy is in town for, remember what her voicemail said? She’s here in the city?” said Fozzie being brave enough to say the words everyone else was wondering.

“Like the diva pig is here? Wonder if she was on our plane!” said Janice.

“Why wouldn’t she play the lead? No offense Wanda,” said Gonzo.

“It’s ok,” said Wanda.

“Look everyone, there’s a long story about Piggy and me, and I did want to try and get her back here for the show, but you know what, I realized this morning, we have so much work to do on this show, I can’t be running all over New York looking for her. Do you know how many 9/11 tributes and fundraisers are going on? So, we’re moving on,” said Kermit a little harshly.

Again it was quiet in the room.

“Sure boss, whatever you want. Rowlf and Wanda will be great. Right guys?” said Scooter finally breaking the silence.

Everyone started shaking their heads in agreement.

“Thanks everyone. Now, the other thing is, I still have this restaurant to run. I, um, made a promise to Pete that I would never shut the place down,” said Kermit with a hint of emotion. Everyone understood, they knew how imporant Pete was to Kermit.

“I’ll be here most of the time, but I have to work on the costumes too,” said Jenny.

“So anyway, my hope is that we can all pitch in when we’re not rehearsing. Is that ok with everyone?” asked Kermit.

Again everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

“I really am happy to see all of you. I missed you a lot,” said Kermit relaxing now that the business was out of the way.

“Well we missed you too! Way to never give up on the dream!” said Rowlf patting Kermit on the back.

Once again everyone broke out into cheers, hugs and jubilant celebration.

Across the street Piggy looked climbed out of the cab and looked back at Pete’s. It hadn’t changed.

The cab pulled away after she paid and she realized she was stuck there now. Was she really ready to do this?

As she got a little closer she saw others that she recognized. The whole gang was there?

She finally made it to the door. Inside things were zany and crazy, the way it always was with the whole group. She could hear some of them singing the familiar words of “Together Again.”

At first no one even noticed her standing there watching the whole thing. Then all of sudden, Animal saw her.

“PIG!” he yelled.

Everyone whipped around to face her. She stood before them, beautiful as ever and possibly thinner than the last time they’d seen her. Otherwise you wouldn’t know that 15 years had passed.

“Piggy?” said Gonzo.

“Is that really you?” asked Fozzie.

“What is everyone doing here?” she finally choked out.

“We’re celebrating with a little reunion. Kermit finally sold the show,” said Scooter.

“Oh really? Um wow, that’s great,” said Piggy.

Kermit was shaking behind the counter. But he realized it was now or never. He came out from behind.

“It just happened. I tried to call you; I got your number from Janice. But you had already left to come here. And here you are now,” said Kermit.

“Here I am,” said Piggy.

They stood and stared at one another, not sure if they were happy, sad, angry, excited.

“Well um, I think I’m going to get some air, Animal, you want to go for a walk?” said Floyd breaking the awkward silence.

“WALK!” said Animal.

“Hey Fozzie, weren’t you going to show me pictures of your little girl” said Scooter.

“Oh yeah, let’s go back to Kermit’s place,” said Fozzie.

“Come on Camilla, let’s go to Central Park and see if we stand in the fountain if people will throw coins at us,” said Gonzo.

Pretty soon every last one of them had come up with an excuse to leave Kermit and Piggy alone except for Jenny and Rizzo.

“Rizzo, let’s go reorganize the fridge,” said Jenny pushing Rizzo toward the kitchen.

“But its cold back there,” complained Rizzo.

“Just do it,” hissed Jenny as they hurried out of the dining room. There weren’t even any customers left.

Yet Piggy and Kermit continued to stare at one another.

“I just can’t believe it’s you,” Kermit finally said after an agonizingly long silence.

“I am sure you have questions. I don’t even know where to begin,” said Piggy.

“I do but that doesn’t matter right now. I need to do something else I always said I’d do if you walked back into my life,” said Kermit.

“What’s that?” asked Piggy. The next thing she knew Kermit swept her up into a passionate kiss.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Glompage to der Bethykins. *Loving der update. Ooh ya, you betcha. :hungry: :insatiable:
Yaey for getting your inspiration back. Hope for more soonish. *Leaves cookies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Wow what an update. :concern:

I mean it great to see the gang back together again after so long. Still, it smart of them to avoid the relationship between the Frog and the Pig. However I did enjoy the friendship between Fozzie and Kermit, I mean there's a strong bond between a frog and a bear.

Still, what a cliffhanger towards this chapter and who knows what will happen next when Piggy's new life colides with her old one.

Please I would love for you to keep up the good work upon this great story as it combines my two favorite Muppet movies. :smile:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
HOOORAY!

This totally made my day! I'm so glad you posted an update and the romance between frog and pig was especially adorable!

Loved every minute of it. Can't wait for more!

:smile:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Please post more of this story soon! Dying to know what happens! It would a perfect study break for me! :smile: